RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

I'm impressed by what I was able to grab in store:

T/T/T

Straylight Run

New Found Glory

Prizefighter Inferno

Coheed

Atmosphere

The Uncluded

Hendrix

At the Drive-In

South Park

Avett Brothers

Stoked!! I was so bummed to see someone grab Touche Amore/Title Fight from right in front of me and it was the last one. Other than that, pretty satisfied.

it's ridiculous how hard this one is to find. I haven't heard of anyone snagging it yet today. The UK reissue that came out last month is getting scarce already too.

I saw a kid pick it up today.

So after work this morning I went back out to some local record stores around Pittsburgh looking for a T/T/T EP.  No luck on that front, but my brother managed to grab one.

However, somehow my local Exchange managed to have a Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb 2xLP on Red/Grey for $30.  Couldn't resist.

went to Vintage Vinyl.

showed up an hour before they opened, and there was already a line around the store.

kisser and bruiser queen played sets outside, which my kids enjoyed, and there was free beer after noon, but i missed out on that

the exclusives were all the way at the end of the store, so the line continued for almost 2 hours after we got inside before we could get to those.

i was worried all the stuff i wanted would be sold out, but i managed to get everything i showed up for.

picked up the following:

samiam - clumsy

blind melon - s/t + ep

at the drive in - relationship of command

was expecting the mercury rev LP to be a deserters song repress, but it was actually 'deserted songs', a collection of alternate versions and demos, so i passed on it.

also found an original cheech and chong - big bamboo in mint condition, with the giant rolling paper still in it for $10.

4/20 appropriate, i suppose.

did anyone buy the 'mystery 7" ' ?

it was $8, so it seemed like a stupid gamble to me.

i still believe it to be a one direction / justin bieber split.

edit: also bought my girls james and the giant peach on dvd for $8.

all in all i spent a little over $100, but the LTJ record i sold last week covered most of it.

Sunrise Records here in Canada have a loyalty program that gets you in an hour early with a membership card. I went down to the one in St Catharines at 7:30 and was second in line (inside, at a mall). As it got closer to 8:00 more people showed up....including two who butted infront and were the first two in line - being Canadian we didn't say anything....but it sucked. The actual first guy thought you could buy the card on the day, so they didn't let him in. I spent way too much and left a few things I wanted behind.

From there, I drove to Dr. Disc in Hamilton for their 9:00 opening. They did things differently by giving people numbers and having all product behind the counter. The line was about 40 people deep so I decided to go to Cheapies around the corner for the 10:00 opening. They let the first 20 in and then opened the floodgates shortly after. They had a TON of stuff. Spent some more.

Went back to Dr. Disc to see if they had the Hold Steady and #47 was checking out with it. Bummer. So I'm looking for that one if anyone has an extra.