Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

It's not necessarily USPS (I think) but two packages I've ordered from Italy have gone missing in transit.  This is frustrating, because both of these are rarities (as evidenced by having to order them from Italy) and I've put over $120 into these.  :(

I've heard a lot of bad things about Italian post, but every other record I've ordered from the country has never went missing.  That is, until they're records that I can't find anywhere else.

I've got something coming from Italy and worry I'm in the same situation. I'm on day 16 of waiting for it...yet my package from Norway that was shipped 2 days later arrived last week.

Hope your stuff makes it to you in perfect shape!

Man, that's rough. Is the actual LP okay?

They're not terribly warped or bowed.  The labels on them are still damp and distorted a bit.  The biggest problem is that the printed inner sleeves sort of peeled off and deteriorated into the grooves.

uxCXSJz.png

I'm sure a good cleaning would suffice, but the seller was kind enough to refund me in full, immediately, and I'm going to wait to see if he wants the records mailed back before I consider salvaging them.

Grateful I already have a playable copy.

They're not terribly warped or bowed.  The labels on them are still damp and distorted a bit.  The biggest problem is that the printed inner sleeves sort of peeled off and deteriorated into the grooves.

I'm sure a good cleaning would suffice, but the seller was kind enough to refund me in full, immediately, and I'm going to wait to see if he wants the records mailed back before I consider salvaging them.

Good luck! 

Paid $60 to import a copy of the Euro exclusive blue-bronze split variant of The Lonesome Crowded West about a month ago.  It showed up today, and looks like it was shipped via rowboat.  I think it took a dip or two.  Definitely a first for me.

uxCXSJz.png

This makes my heart skip. That's brutal.

• 3 weeks later...

For the second time in a few months, I have records moving a hundred miles in the wrong direction. I'm in Rhode Island, and yesterday I had a package in South Hadley, MA (85 miles away). Today it's in Jersey City (200 miles away). WTF?

Media Mail is funny. It's pretty much thrown on a truck, and it goes where ever it wants until it arrives to you.

Edit: Waiting on some stuff, so checked tracking on one, and it went from the WARRENDALE, PA distro center to GIBSONIA, PA, and now it is back at the WARRENDALE, PA center.

The media mail package I got today was the same thing. Left Los Angeles on the 6th. Arrived in Orlando on the 7th. Tracking said delivery estimate was the 13th.

I love when it's fast like that... but we can only be so lucky from time to time.

So my mailman leaves a note on Saturday saying I need to pick up my package on Monday at the post office. I get there today only to find out that the fucker decided not to leave the package and try to redeliver it. So why would you leave a note?

Jesus H. Between this, leaving my packages in the rain, or stuffing my 7" in my mailbox, this fucking guy needs a clue.

My normal mailman is fucking awesome and I appreciate his hard work and steadfast delivery schedule (that's predictable down to the minute).  But he had a sub on last Friday and that fucker put the key to the package locker in the wrong box (I live in an apartment complex).  I contacted the post office, but by the time they got back to me some dipshit took the package.  So that means that someone in my complex has my record and there's no real way to get it save for knocking on every single door asking for it.

Fuck.