Picture disc framing?

In b4 "records are for listening not for framing!!!!1!!!". Seriously, though. That's a badass picture disc. One of my favorites. Is that frame you tried an LP record frame?  Pretty standard stuff at craft stores.

I'm not particularly fond of records getting framed but if you put down the funds for them, do with them what you will.

I found some decent frames at a decent price at Bags Unlimited... however the circular cutout of the matting did not match up perfectly with size of some of the records.  I put some black construction paper behind the record and you can't tell.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/csearch.aspx?CategoryID=0&ManufacturerID=0&SectionID=0&PriceRange=0&SortBy=5&PageSize=12&AndOr=AND&DisplayMode=Grid&Search=picture disc frames 

I'm more bothered by the fact this is the umpteenth thread about picture framing than it being a thread about record framing. I guess this is me not being nice but do people honestly not use common sense or google when you have an obvious question?

I mean I even understand the billion "when is Deja getting repressed?" threads (as annoying as they are) because some Brand New n00bs may feel like they may miss out on the pre-order of the century.

EDIT: This is all assuming it is not a troll question...

I'm more bothered by the fact this is the umpteenth thread about picture framing than it being a thread about record framing. I guess this is me not being nice but do people honestly not use common sense or google when you have an obvious question?

I mean I even understand the billion "when is Deja getting repressed?" threads (as annoying as they are) because some Brand New n00bs may feel like they may miss out on the pre-order of the century.

EDIT: This is all assuming it is not a troll question...

Yeah you are a dick. I obviously did buy something that I searched for using google. It had the same problem as a previous post said, circle cutout didnt fit, plus other problems. Using an Internet search doesn't tell me the quality, only the sales pitch. So I'm asking other people on this board if they have had any good luck with quality frames for this purpose.

GFY. I've been on here a while now asshole. Thanks for not contributing. now get back in your lane

Yeah you are a dick. I obviously did buy something that I searched for using google. It had the same problem as a previous post said, circle cutout didnt fit, plus other problems. Using an Internet search doesn't tell me the quality, only the sales pitch. So I'm asking other people on this board if they have had any good luck with quality frames for this purpose.

GFY. I've been on here a while now asshole. Thanks for not contributing. now get back in your lane

You're so sweet. Keep on keepin on. Enjoy the frames.

Serious question: would it be better to have two copies so you could display the b-side as well?

I framed a bad religion recipe for hate for my friend as a gift. I had an extra copy, didnt need it and he doesnt buy records(so no need to yell that it was framed) but loves that album. I put the jacket on the left and the record on the right of the frame. It looked cool

I would think if I wanted to do that with a pic disc I would so both sides also. I am not interested in doing anything with framing for myself but my buddy really liked the gift

I had both of my picture disc copies of Generation Terrorists b Manic Street Preachers framed so I could display all four sides. I've sold a copy, though. So yeah... I just had them in their clear sleeves with white paper behind them in the LP frames you get at the craft store because they were dirt fucking cheap. I'l put my signed LP jackets in frames, but leave the records out and in other plain white jackets so I can access them for listening purposes.

Honestly...Don't use a frame. If you want to listen to the record, you have to go through the hassle of taking it out, etc.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20126065/

the 45" one can hold 3 12" really easily. you can even squeeze in a 7" in there too. (but it is tight with the 7")

334hi53.jpg

Just an example. Also, its easy to change it as well and the jackets dont ever get messed up!

Honestly...Don't use a frame. If you want to listen to the record, you have to go through the hassle of taking it out, etc.

the 45" one can hold 3 12" really easily. you can even squeeze in a 7" in there too. (but it is tight with the 7")

334hi53.jpg

Just an example. Also, its easy to change it as well and the jackets dont ever get messed up!

Something's amiss here.

334hi53.jpg

tumblr_lq0gmtJ7U71qafrh6.gif