Chris Rock's opening was rough... so terribly bad, but there were a few sketches I laughed at. The Swiftamine had me cracking up and thinking about all the Taylor Swift lovers on VC. And anything with Kyle Mooney will get me smiling. Lots of mess ups this episode though. 

The only funny sketches were the ones that were pre-recorded. Swiftamine killed, and I even enjoyed the bank robbery one.

The least funny sketch of the night was that stupid Uber one, where Chris Rock was an old guy and the big loud lady was his wife (full disclosure I think she's the least funny of anyone on cast right now). Seemed like there wasn't a single joke in the whole damn sketch, and she fucked up like 12 times.

As far as Michael Che/Colin Jost on Weekend update, and I may have said this before: Che at least seems like he's trying and could possibly get better, he doesn't know where to emphasize stuff yet though, it's like he's never told a joke before.

Colin Jost though...he doesn't even seem like he's trying to get better. Dude laughs at the jokes he is just butchering, and has that stupid shit-eating grin on his face like he's the king of comedy. He's fucking terrrrrrrrrrible.

It seams odd to me that so many people regularly watch this show but seem to hate it so...

well, it has 40 years of history. it's kinda tradition for some people, in a way. i don't hate it, i just know it can be better. it's definitely a transition year and people like kyle mooney and beck bennet have a lot of promise. i like cecily too. i just really haven't like colin as a head writer for a while now. the last two years have been pretty disappointing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Woody Harrelson was awesome!  Has to be the both the best host of the 2014 season, and best overall episode of 2014, so far.  Good music performances too.  I'd watch that episode again.

Something tells me you may be biased.

I agree with Hoody about this episode. There were some flubs here and there, but for the most part it was solid. Even Che did a decent job and I found myself laughing at weekend update for the first time in forever.  Still not a fan of Jost, but even he made me chuckle once or twice.

I still found their pre-recorded stuff to be the best part of the show again, which to me is an issue with a show that specifically calls itself Saturday Night Live.

• 4 weeks later...

weak Christmas episode

I enjoyed the Christmas episode more than I thought I would. Wasn't expecting much, but seeing Mike Myers, Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen made me really happy. 

Same, I thought it was pretty funny as far as this season has gone. Almost on par with last week, which I also found pretty funny.

• 2 years later...

I used to see Mikey Day when he was doing the main stage shows at the Groundlings. He's a great fit for the show. He has an immature creativity that gives his writing/characters more of a bite and sharpness than past white dude SNL members who coast too close to competent but boring/vanilla. He has definitely hit the ground running so far.

It's been hit or miss for me lately but they have some strong players right now; Kyle Mooney, Mikey Day, Beck Bennett, Bobby Moynihan (longtime player, but I will forever love him and his association with CBB), and I've been enjoying Melissa Villasenor as well. I miss Taran Killam :/ Baldwin did great, glad they limited the Trump stuff. Also am I the only one that thinks Pete Davidson lucked the hell out being on there considering his general lack of much talent? Shit if they want a stoned guy for the cast I can move to NY