Woman kills husband and herself while trying to park her car

china_m_1751598a.jpg

A WOMAN driver killed her husband and crushed herself to death while attempting to park her car.

The accident happened as the recently-qualified driver tried to reverse her Lexus SUV into a space in an underground car park in Fenghua, China.

The 41-year-old woman had only passed her driving test five weeks before and was practising reverse-parking, helped by her husband - who was guiding her into the tight spot.

But instead of easing into the space, she backed in too quickly - pinning her spouse against a wall.

After hearing his screams, tried to free him by accelerating, while she leaned out of her window.

But she had forgotten to change out of reverse gear - and crushed him and her own head against the concrete partition.

The alarm was raised by the couple's six-year-old daughter who was in the car at the time and witnessed the double-tragedy.

But ambulance crew members declared the couple dead at the scene.

I used to give drivers exams at the dmv, and i had this Chinese couple who just could not pass the drivers test, the first few times i took the lady out is honestly the only time i thought i was gonna die on a road test. It was so bad i threatened to quit on the spot. Did end up with a week off for "trauma", so it wasnt a total loss.

If teenage Eric made these jokes, you'd all be calling for his head.

Not before the comments he made. While this is a terrible turn of events for that family; no one on this board has any ties, direct or indirect with the incident at all. 

With that said, I definitely feel for the little girl. Can't imagine seeing something like that happen to family before my eyes. 

edit: It took me 40 minutes but I finally got the joke, bistro. 

i'm impressed there hasn't been any asian woman driver jokes yet.

(i'm an asian woman. who is actually a really good driver. 99% of the time...)

but ya, that has got to be awful for the kid. just awful.

I was just telling my roommate about this story and mentioned how surprised I was there were no asian woman driver jokes yet (I'm also an asian woman).

Really sad about their kid...