Into It. Over It. - Intersections - 9/24

Really depends. IIOI isn't consistent in a particular sound. Proper is a relatively pop-punk record, but Intersections is definitely more emo and much darker. Twelve Towns is a compilation of tracks from splits he did, 52 Weeks is a collection of recordings he did one week for a year. Extremely raw stuff and not terribly easy to sit through considering it's 52 tracks and about 2.5 hours long. Honestly, my favorite is Twelve Towns, but in comparison to Proper and Intersections, it's pretty raw and split between full band tracks and stripped down tracks. 

Regardless, each release is Evan Weiss in every respect. Check out the singles from his releases and make a judgment for yourself. A lot of people weren't into Proper, but really liked Intersections. Or didn't like Intersections and loved Proper. I loved both albums.

AGBPOL has a new album out called You're Always On My Mind, so I recommend that. It's really catchy. Kinda like The Front Bottoms and The Swellers. I'm not familiar with their back catalog, but I don't think they had any of that on sale.

AGBPOL has a new album out called You're Always On My Mind, so I recommend that. It's really catchy. Kinda like The Front Bottoms and The Swellers. I'm not familiar with their back catalog, but I don't think they had any of that on sale.

This is the strangest comparison for AGBPOL I've ever read. 

i'm going to this show on saturday--only really familiar with TWIABP, but have been meaning to check out IIOI and AGBPOL. what's the best stuff to check out/potentially pick up from those two?

Definitely have to agree with Nickificial but Proper would probably be my favorite IIOI album! Definitely worth checking out.

any word on his setlist? how many songs, mostly proper and intersections? im very intrigued and excited for matt fazzi on keys, whats he do on the older songs?

Contractual Obligation 
Fortunate Friends 
An Evening With Ramsey Beyer 
Pinky Swear 
Wearing White 
Humboldt 
Spinning Thread 
Augusta, GA 
No Good Before Noon 
Upstate Blues 
Spatial Exploration 
Favor & Fiction 
Obsessive Compulsive Distraction 
Next Stop: The Olympics 
Discretion & Depressing People 
Brenham, TX 

Encore:
New North-Side Air 
Midnight: Carroll Street 

Encore 2:
Anchor 

This is on setlist.fm and is from the Jackpot Saloon show in Lawrence, KS, USA on Jan. 24th.

Went to this the other night in SD. Evan was so animated and fun! I loved IIOI's set. The World Is A Beautiful Place was also really good, I wasn't that into their recorded output but they definitely made a fan out of me. A Great Big Pile of Leaves; however, was probably the most boring band I've ever seen, and I couldn't wait for it to be over. 

Also, it seemed like no one gave a shit to matter who was playing. I have no idea who any of those people were there to see. No one was singing, moving, or doing anything during any of the bands besides politely clapping afterwards. Totally strange. Definitely one of the worst crowds I've ever been in. Luckily that didn't phase Evan and he was as fun as he always is.