If your house were on fire, what would you take with you?

I recently read "The Burning House" by Foster Huntington. It is a collection of photos and list submitted by random people of what they would take with them if their house were on fire. I really enjoyed it so I thought it might be a cool thread to start. My List- My girl friend, kasey - My dog, Gilbert - my Wallet - My Phone - My Passport - my keys - Laptop - My tampa bay lightning hat from the 90's- One copy of every album by converge, my favorite band - my vintage watch from my great grandfather - A old photo of my grandfather in the military - My dads medals from when he was in the airforce.

I recently read "The Burning House" by Foster Huntington. It is a collection of photos and list submitted by random people of what they would take with them if their house were on fire. I really enjoyed it so I thought it might be a cool thread to start. My List- My girl friend, kasey - My dog, Gilbert - my Wallet - My Phone - My Passport - my keys - Laptop - My tampa bay lightning hat from the 90's- One copy of every album by converge, my favorite band - my vintage watch from my great grandfather - A old photo of my grandfather in the military - My dads medals from when he was in the airforce.

Way too many things for the purpose of the question

Dogs, cats, and other pets are a given.

I'd grab my grandpa's ring I got when he died.

Question really doesn't hit me that hard when I pay for homeowner's insured for $340 and personal property is insured for $200k. So a fire would almost be saving me the hassle of selling everything I own on ebay and letting me start over picking exactly what I want to replace (newer tvs, incredible sound system, getting rid of the old records I barely listen to and building my collection more selectively, etc).

If someone wants to strike a match while I'm at work for $200, shoot me a pm...

- My favourite book which I also hide cash in

- Laptop

- Camera bag

I think that's a realistic amount of shit to grab seeing as it is also all in the same room. I might grab my Bright Eyes - Letting off the Happiness LP if I had an extra moment but probably wouldn't risk it if the fire really got going. I assume also that my phone would either be on me or right beside me if I'm sleeping 

Way too many things for the purpose of the question

Dogs, cats, and other pets are a given.

I'd grab my grandpa's ring I got when he died.

Question really doesn't hit me that hard when I pay for homeowner's insured for $340 and personal property is insured for $200k. So a fire would almost be saving me the hassle of selling everything I own on ebay and letting me start over picking exactly what I want to replace (newer tvs, incredible sound system, getting rid of the old records I barely listen to and building my collection more selectively, etc).

If someone wants to strike a match while I'm at work for $200, shoot me a pm...

Well if their was no time I would only grab the family and my dads medals, but if their we're more time I'd grab the other things. I pretty much always have my wallet, keys and phone on me so those would most likely be a given.

uhhhh i have an empty book bag on my floor pretty much at all times so i'd grab it and shove one of my arcade sticks in it, my laptop, phone charger and my copy of meshuggah's catch 33 and poison the well's you come before you.

assuming i had the time and everyone in my family was okay, of course.

if I can only grab one thing, I'd grab my laptop since it has all of my dissertation work on it.  everything's backed up, but it's backed up to my NAS and my other laptop, both of which are in my condo!!!

(btw, there's nothing else alive in my condo, and I'm in the process of moving, so all of my records are in my other apartment)