Why do YOU collect Vinyl?

I've learnt to enjoy it rather than collect it.

I mean I sell or trade stuff that I don't listen to as much, I buy less and only buy what I will listen to. And even that goes if I don't listen to it anymore. Having shelves full of records for completion or for nostalgia's sake, doesn't make sense anymore.

That said, I will probably never give up on selected discographies I own :) but you never know.

I don't collect, per se.  I resell whenever the record's market value exceeds my personal value of the title (has to be near and dear to keep a record that resells used for over $100).  I also try to keep below 160 records so my two Target ottomans can hold all the discs.  

And whomever said that there is no difference between mp3/digital release and vinyl, the majority of the time you are mistaken.  Vinyl as a format has a track record of considerably less 'loudness war' mastering.  That is the primary reason I buy it at all.  Otherwise I wouldn't even consider the medium.  In an ideal world most pop music would be available as gently mastered, high resolution, high dynamic, lossless downloads.

The covers are nice size and all that, good for an instagram or facebook pic.  But as art? Well pop-art maybe.  

I don't collect, per se.  I resell whenever the record's market value exceeds my personal value of the title (has to be near and dear to keep a record that resells used for over $100).  I also try to keep below 160 records so my two Target ottomans can hold all the discs.  

And whomever said that there is no difference between mp3/digital release and vinyl, the majority of the time you are mistaken.  Vinyl as a format has a track record of considerably less 'loudness war' mastering.  That is the primary reason I buy it at all.  Otherwise I wouldn't even consider the medium.  In an ideal world most pop music would be available as gently mastered, high resolution, high dynamic, lossless downloads.

The covers are nice size and all that, good for an instagram or facebook pic.  But as art? Well pop-art maybe.  

Say what? ;)

Aaron-Horkey-Old-Town-Ghosts-front-cover