Can I mail post to my Disneyland hotel? Help?

I fly out to Disneyland for a family holiday on the 16th October and I'm staying in Disney's Port Orleans resort. I'm eyeing up some records etc from the US (I'm from the UK) and I wondered if there was any way I could set to have them delivered to the hotel? 

That way I can just collect them take them home and save a ton of wasted money on postage. 

This is why I found online.

"Receiving Mail

Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail during their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the receiving  letter or package:

• Includes the mailing address of the Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of the recipient’s arrival at the hotel"

However. I'm still a little torn on whether this is a good idea or not. Has anybody done this before? 

I know shipping to the UK is expensive, but paying for Priority shipping to make sure the records would show up before you leave could be expensive too.  I'm sure it's still a little cheaper, but maybe not enough to make it worth the effort.  Also, depending upon where you're ordering from, your albums might not ship right away either.  If you're going to be at the same hotel for a week or more and optioning for Priority (2-3 day) shipping, you might be ok.

I understand why everyone seems a little against the idea, I am as well. A little more information. I'm at the hotel for 2 weeks. 

Did a little bit more researched and found a few Disney Forums on the topic. 

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=1&where=search&qid=1549&pid=80&cid=82

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=1&where=search&qid=113464&pid=45&cid=70

I think I'm swaying a little bit towards maybe giving it ago... With the stuff I have in mind to order, I could be looking at saving over $100+ on shipping. So even if I spend a little bit more on faster delivery to the hotel, I could still be saving about $70-$80.

Still looking to see what people think though so thanks for replying.

I understand why everyone seems a little against the idea, I am as well. A little more information. I'm at the hotel for 2 weeks. 

Did a little bit more researched and found a few Disney Forums on the topic. 

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=1&where=search&qid=1549&pid=80&cid=82

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=1&where=search&qid=113464&pid=45&cid=70

I think I'm swaying a little bit towards maybe giving it ago... With the stuff I have in mind to order, I could be looking at saving over $100+ on shipping. So even if I spend a little bit more on faster delivery to the hotel, I could still be saving about $70-$80.

Still looking to see what people think though so thanks for replying.

Let us know how it works out!  Think of a good way to get the records back with you too safely and easily too.  Based on what you'll be saving on shipping, I'm guessing you're ordering more than a couple records.  A tote bag or something like that has always worked well for me.

I would use FedEx or UPS though if you have the option. My job requires me to ship materials to hotel guests on occasion and they are by far more reliable to get items to hotels than the US post. The packages should go to the mail room and they'll bring any mail to the front desk for guests to pick it up... usually same day it arrives.

If you're going to Disneyland, why not just make the drive to Amoeba records on Sunset? It's only about an hour drive in traffic, and it's worth the trip. If you do go, plan on spending a good part of the day there, it's a lot to take in...and there's a ton of other stuff in that area to distract your family like theater, restaurants, people watching, etc. If driving isn't an option, I believe you can get there in a couple hours via the metro and a bus.

I ship items to hotels in Las Vegas every week for my job. As long as you communicate your intentions to the hotel staff in advance and ship either UPS/Fedex, you should not have any problems. Make sure to include the name of the person who made the hotel reservation and a room number if you can get it in advance. Also, look out for small holding fees some hotels charge to hold packages.

I'm going to Orlando one, otherwise that record store looks awesome (googled it). Thanks for offer to order to yours Andrew, shame  that couldn't work out. Wish I knew somebody in Orlando though now! Going to try and find the contact information for the resort. Hopefully it's not all telephone-only as international bills will be counter productive to saving money. 

And yes, more than a few records. Plus I have a lot of people back home who was to seize the opportunity as well so it would be saving a lot of money if I went through with this. 

Okay guys, thanks a lot for an equal balance or yes and no answers. I'll post back here after and let you know how it went! 

I fly out to Disneyland for a family holiday on the 16th October and I'm staying in Disney's Port Orleans resort. I'm eyeing up some records etc from the US (I'm from the UK) and I wondered if there was any way I could set to have them delivered to the hotel? 

That way I can just collect them take them home and save a ton of wasted money on postage. 

This is why I found online.

"Receiving Mail

Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail during their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the receiving  letter or package:

• Includes the mailing address of the Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of the recipient’s arrival at the hotel"

However. I'm still a little torn on whether this is a good idea or not. Has anybody done this before? 

This reply isn't going to help you but I felt that it bears mentioning that I knew you were from the UK right away because you referred to your vacation as a "holiday" so you really didn't even need to mention it as far as I was concerned. I hope everything works out for you though. :)

I'm going to Orlando one, otherwise that record store looks awesome (googled it). Thanks for offer to order to yours Andrew, shame that couldn't work out. Wish I knew somebody in Orlando though now!

Although it is not Amoeba, I really like Park Ave CDs in Orlando. These days, they have more vinyl than CDs (new and used).

I have been impressed with both the titles and prices I have seen in there.

Happy hunting!