PO: Reggie & The Full Effect - No Country For Old Musicians (purenoise)

I'd love for this to be a decent record, but I haven't liked anything after Songs Not To Get Married Too (which I would buy on vinyl in a heartbeat).

The last album was such a dissapointment. Has anybody heard anything off this record yet?

Took me awhile to get into the last one but now it's probably my favorite Reggie album.

I'd love for this to be a decent record, but I haven't liked anything after Songs Not To Get Married Too (which I would buy on vinyl in a heartbeat).

The last album was such a dissapointment. Has anybody heard anything off this record yet?

I liked the last two albums, personally. He did some new stuff at Riot Fest, and the new song that he released it pretty catchy. 

I am tempted to order a bundle because I like that hoodie. 

Guest Justin Maheiny

Was looking on youtube for a song off the new album and found one here in this post. I think I know the inspiration for this song:

Well this certainly sucks. Shoulda known better.

I've said it before, but now I mean it. I'm done with kickstarter. It's not necessarily the pressing numbers that bother me, it's the lame-ass variant kickstarter backers receive. It's like an afterthought. Really disappointing.

I've said it before, but now I mean it. I'm done with kickstarter. It's not necessarily the pressing numbers that bother me, it's the lame-ass variant kickstarter backers receive. It's like an afterthought. Really disappointing.

I agree. Crowd-funding albums has become a joke. James swears he replies to backers on Twitter, although he has never responded to me. Maybe someone else would have better luck asking him why the backers who obviously like vinyl are getting the lamest of the bunch.

i backed this on kickstarter and i completely agree. totally bummed that the variant i'm getting is the least exciting of the bunch. 

ok, so in all fairness, i've only actually backed a few vinyl-related kickstarters, but, i'm kind of confused about what the point of the kickstarter was. i was sort of under the impression that the point of crowd-funding the album was so that it could be independently released by the artist. seeing as how it's now being put out by pure noise and not james, i'm just a bit surprised. since there's now a label involved, wouldn't that mean a lot of $$ for james to cover recording/studio costs, touring, etc? he raised over 58k on the kickstarter (and a lot of people questioned what that was even going for), so i'm just wondering what that money was going towards since it was implied that it was recording/production/tour/etc (and i assumed it was so he could do the whole shebang himself). 

totally not saying he abused the crowd-funding platform and pocketed the money or anything like that. just genuinely curious/confused about what the deal is.

He mentioned that in the last kickstarter update:

"i licensed the record to pure noise so that after kickstarter is done, pure noise can handle all the manufacturing and distribution. freeing up my time to focus on the touring this winter/spring 2014. Thanks to all of you backers the kickstarter raised just enough money to cover all the kickstarter rewards but didn't leave enough to keep the record in manufacturing and do publicity and all the other stuff that comes with putting out a record. thats where pure noise has stepped in to take over once kickstarter is fulfilled."