Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Pallbearer Foundations Of Burden repress went up for PO today I believe.

100 Gold. 500 White/yellow. 500 Red/pink(Valentine's day is coming up for any of you looking to make a good impression on a "romantic partner").

$24.00.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/pre-order-pallbearer-foundations-of-burden-2xlp-ships-early-feb-2016/?no_redirect=true#.VqbAm_krLmE

PFL140-GLD.png

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed the gold.

EDIT: Luckily Profound Lore is now supporting Merchtable so the shipping to EU for 2xLP 180g is only $12.

My conan arrived today. The downside is it smells like someone chain smoked into my record mailer for a month then put it in the mail. Record just reaks of cigarettes.

I received a Bongripper record that smelled like people do when they chain smoke in their car with the windows up.

You do know though why it's called Stoner, right?

Alright, alright.

No need to fuck up the only good thread on this forum with bickering and stupid shit.

Totally agree. This is the best thread on this website and it's not even close. I hardly post in other threads except to post about an upcoming preorder. There are no egos or elitist attitudes among the Wizards and I like it that way.

I totally agree with you both. This has been a great spot to find new music and share a common interest, and not get into a pissing match like many other threads do...

I saw a thread was made for this but the new black shape of nexus is up for PO. For some reason the guy described it as "for haters of cult of luna and Amen Ra"?

http://www.earsplitdistro.com/search?q=black+shape+of+nexus

To be clear, I was just kidding around. That's what I assumed everyone was doing.

Who would have thought the stoner/doom thread was the ultra serious one? Totally explains why I spend most my time in the j-pop thread. Total party over there.

Pretty sure macho man was just being a smart ass too, but I don't like to speak for others.  No one here is particularly serious as far as I can tell

Guys no joking in doom. If they wanted us to be happy they woulsnt make such gloomy music...

I have had awesome and meh interactions with steve. I am assuming he doesnt want a bunch of people with the smallest corner ding demanding a new cover because it isint perfect. You would how when things are actually jacked up, like in your case, he would oblige and have extras for those type of situations.

Guys no joking in doom. If they wanted us to be happy they woulsnt make such gloomy music...

I have had awesome and meh interactions with steve. I am assuming he doesnt want a bunch of people with the smallest corner ding demanding a new cover because it isint perfect. You would how when things are actually jacked up, like in your case, he would oblige and have extras for those type of situations.

As soon as I posted that update I got a email from Steve, so I deleted it. He is going to send me a world wide edition for free to replace the cover. A truly stand up guy. I feel bad for ever doubting him!

I think you guys should make a stoner/doom/psych 101 list. Or maybe a best of (insert year here) type list. I love stoner, doom, psych, black metal, etc. but the post rock thread tends to win my focus. I would love to see compiled lists, playlists, etc. of some of the top albums of the year, or the essentials (etc.). We do that over in post rock and seemed to be educating, and fun.

Most recently we did a top 15 post rock albums of all time, tallied all the votes for everything, then used that to make the essentials list.

Anyway, just throwing that suggestion out there.