Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

whats the difference between the Deluxe white 2xLP here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/marilyn-manson-the-pale-emperor-180-gram-white-vinyl-records.shtml

and the Hastings white 2xLP... besides the $20 difference in price

You're better off reading the differences in the thread for this album. But basically white is 180g, gatefold, and comes with a few art prints. Every other version of this album is 2x LP with bonus tracks in a single sleeve, non-gatefold.

whats the difference between the Deluxe white 2xLP here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/marilyn-manson-the-pale-emperor-180-gram-white-vinyl-records.shtml

and the Hastings white 2xLP... besides the $20 difference in price

White is gatefold, 180g and comes with 3 art prints. The hastings (and hot topic and retail black as well) are standard weight, single pocket jacket with no inserts.

Not sure if this is against the rules (and I'm too lazy to check) but you can get the HT variant for a semi-decent price on ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marilyn-Manson-THE-PALE-EMPEROR-Marble-Grey-HOT-TOPIC-Vinyl-New-SEALED-2xlp-/161577828280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259ec9ffb8

Not sure if this is against the rules (and I'm too lazy to check) but you can get the HT variant for a semi-decent price on ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marilyn-Manson-THE-PALE-EMPEROR-Marble-Grey-HOT-TOPIC-Vinyl-New-SEALED-2xlp-/161577828280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259ec9ffb8

Biggest problem here is the listing says 10 available and 13 have been sold. So whoever this is, had 23 copies to sell?? Why doesn't HT limit purchases?

Biggest problem here is the listing says 10 available and 13 have been sold. So whoever this is, had 23 copies to sell?? Why doesn't HT limit purchases?

They've started limiting to 5, but that isn't all that hard to get around.  You could easily setup multiple accounts, have a friend/family member/significant other order, or track them down in store too.   Hot Topic's responsibility is to sell merchandise, not police what folks do after said merchandise is purchased.  I give them kudos for instituting the '5 per' policy, but it's more to cover their own ass from mass returns of product than to actually combat flipping.  

They've started limiting to 5, but that isn't all that hard to get around. You could easily setup multiple accounts, have a friend/family member/significant other order, or track them down in store too. Hot Topic's responsibility is to sell merchandise, not police what folks do after said merchandise is purchased. I give them kudos for instituting the '5 per' policy, but it's more to cover their own ass from mass returns of product than to actually combat flipping.

This. When will people realize this on their own?

This person bought them out when they were up at the same time the Hot Cash was up. Judging by their completed auctions, it looks like they bought >50.

In regards to the MCR albums, which I'd like to secure a copy of each: What time do the albums show up on online for purchase? Post-midnight or closer to start of business day? 

And how quickly will this sell out, are we talking a matter of hours or what. I don't want to miss out on these and I know my local store won't have them in stock. 

This person bought them out when they were up at the same time the Hot Cash was up. Judging by their completed auctions, it looks like they bought >50.

I thought they took down CD's/vinyl when Hot Cash is going. So he either got lucky, or like stated above... multiple accounts/etc.

Down with the flippers! Ohahahahah!

In regards to the MCR albums, which I'd like to secure a copy of each: What time do the albums show up on online for purchase? Post-midnight or closer to start of business day? 

And how quickly will this sell out, are we talking a matter of hours or what. I don't want to miss out on these and I know my local store won't have them in stock. 

I don't know when they go up.

But for selling out, it kinda depends on how popular or "sought out" the record is. When the exclusive Anberlin "Lowborn" was put up... I went out of town to run an errand. Came back and checked and it was gone. :(  I'd probably jump on it as soon as you can.

I don't know when they go up.

But for selling out, it kinda depends on how popular or "sought out" the record is. When the exclusive Anberlin "Lowborn" was put up... I went out of town to run an errand. Came back and checked and it was gone. :(  I'd probably jump on it as soon as you can.

Thanks man. I'll be all over this MCR release. Just didn't know if anyone had experience with vinyl like this in the past and when it went up and how long is lasted. 

Also, a Hot Topic by me had a few copies of Anberlin - Low Born last time I was there. I can see if they still have it the next time I'm out and grab it if you're still looking for it. 

They've started limiting to 5, but that isn't all that hard to get around. You could easily setup multiple accounts, have a friend/family member/significant other order, or track them down in store too. Hot Topic's responsibility is to sell merchandise, not police what folks do after said merchandise is purchased. I give them kudos for instituting the '5 per' policy, but it's more to cover their own ass from mass returns of product than to actually combat flipping.

They prob did the 75 off 150 thing a bunch of times! Bastard!!!

Pretty sure they go up randomly, never at a set time.  Sometimes it is overnight and other times it is mid-day.  Sometimes it'll show up for a little bit and sell out before more are made available online at a later time and/or date.  There's no rhyme or reason that I can identify, so keep your eyes peeled to these boards and good luck.  And if you miss out, you can still enjoy those black copies that will be available everywhere (or you can just wait for a repress).  

Thanks man. I'll be all over this MCR release. Just didn't know if anyone had experience with vinyl like this in the past and when it went up and how long is lasted. 

Also, a Hot Topic by me had a few copies of Anberlin - Low Born last time I was there. I can see if they still have it the next time I'm out and grab it if you're still looking for it. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, I haven't bought much vinyl from Hot Topic. In my experience (and opinion) it all just comes down to how "big" the band is and maybe what album is getting pressed, how many, 1st/2nd/3rd press, etc.

And thanks for the offer! I am still looking... BUT I might just hold out for the Anberlin boxset they are (hopefully) announcing sometime this year.