The Concert Thread

Jeff Ross was the emcee, he mostly did crowd work and ripped on people. He just popped back on after the intermission.

I'm seeing this on Saturday, but with Sarah Silverman, Dave Attell and Amy Schumer instead of Aziz Ansari, Marc Maron & Jeff Ross. Why did Jeff Ross have two sets? I'm fine with not seeing Maron, since he's only scheduled 15 minutes, definitely not enough time for him.

saw rx bandits and the dear hunter last night. had a great time! my wife and I were front and center--ended up with two picks and a setlist from rx. they're always such a fun band to watch.

TDH killed it too. I've seen them probably 6-7 times now. they played a much heavier set than the last time I saw them. a few from black and red, 3 from migrant, and a couple more from act II and III. probably about 10-11 songs overall. still not a big fan of migrant, but damn 'whisper' live was incredible. you could tell that they were having a lot of fun shredding it up.

Saw Arcade Fire a couple nights ago. They always put all of their energy into every show - it's amazing and so enjoyable to watch. I was caught off guard too when Win Butler took my cellphone from the audience and filmed. That was a nice touch to the evening and I'm happy I got a video of just how much I enjoyed myself, filmed by one of my alltime favourite lead vocalists. Dan Deacon was a great opener too - he really got everyone hyped up.

Saw Arcade Fire a couple nights ago. They always put all of their energy into every show - it's amazing and so enjoyable to watch. I was caught off guard too when Win Butler took my cellphone from the audience and filmed. That was a nice touch to the evening and I'm happy I got a video of just how much I enjoyed myself, filmed by one of my alltime favourite lead vocalists. Dan Deacon was a great opener too - he really got everyone hyped up.

Saw them on Tuesday night and had pretty much the same experience, right down to the phone thing. One of the greatest shows I've ever been to, incredible energy from both the crowd and the band... damn. Tried to see if I could swing seeing them again in NYC this weekend but no dice. :(

I went to the Paramore/Falloutboy concert last Saturday in Irvine, It was Awesome! First time I seen both of those bands live, I  bought my tickets back in January so I got the meet and greet with Paramore! I did get a lot of pictures of Paramore and some videos. All pictures and video taken from my phone.

http://imgur.com/a/PwErx

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzxmS-fqLY0T6WR9BRRly5-Qc-T2TjiAR

Saw them on Tuesday night and had pretty much the same experience, right down to the phone thing. One of the greatest shows I've ever been to, incredible energy from both the crowd and the band... damn. Tried to see if I could swing seeing them again in NYC this weekend but no dice. :(

Wow that's awesome! :) yeah same here - I saw them live when they were touring for the suburbs (and of course they were great), but I feel like their tour for this album was just on a whole other level. I agree that their energy on stage has just been amazing lately, making the atmosphere of being in the audience much more enjoyable. They have come a long way. I'm sad that their tour is pretty much over because I would love to see them again - but I'm happy that they will be working on another album very soon and I'm really looking forward to what they do next.

• 3 weeks later...

John Hodgman and David Rees did sets at the venue I work at last night, hung around before and loooooong afterwards. I got made fun of by John for playing Space Camp on the TVs and he immediately requested, "last time I was here David Lynch's 'Dune' was playing, can we not get 'Dune' on I place of.....'Space Camp' ". Pretty excellent evening and super nice gentlemen.

Tonight? Pinback and Tera Melos....pretty stoked

I went to Lockn' festival this past weekend.  Saturday was a bit of a bust due to the rain, we left not knowing it started back up soon after leaving once the rain started....missed Petty....bummed about that but I've seen him a few times before.  Sunday was killer though.  Soldiers of Jah Army, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and Willie Nelson killed it. 

I went to Lockn' festival this past weekend. Saturday was a bit of a bust due to the rain, we left not knowing it started back up soon after leaving once the rain started....missed Petty....bummed about that but I've seen him a few times before. Sunday was killer though. Soldiers of Jah Army, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and Willie Nelson killed it.

But how was the acid.

On the docket for now

9/16 - Gaslight Anthem/Against Me!
9/21 - Stiff Little Fingers (1st time seeing them!)

11/7 - 11/9 - Lucero (three night stand)

And quick gripe. Restorations is playing in Allston, MA on 11/9 (on which night I already have a ticket to Lucero). So I was kind of bummed. I have a cousin in the DC area so figured I could try seeing their DC show on 10/25 and make it somewhat affordable by not having to worry about a hotel. So the day after I booked a nonrefundable flight to DC on 10/24, Tim Barry announced a show in MA on 10/24. Grrr. Way it goes.

Some possible good news though, I thought I couldn't go to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones annual Hometown Throwdown  (12/26 - 12/28) this year because my wife's due date is January 7 so I figured I would have to be on standby at any given moment. Lately my wife has been saying if I wanted to go to one night she could possibly try staying with her parents and sister that night. So I think I might wait until openers are announced and then pick what night looks best. Or if none of the openers appeal, I'll go Night 3 cause they usually add 2-3 songs to the setlist on that night. 

Saw the senses fail let it enfold you tour last night. It was like a high school reunion with people i had not seen in years. They played well and the set becides the album was almost all older stuff which was a crowd pleaser.

I got to catch part of neck deep and they were cool. No bragging rights was god awfully boring. Maybe its not for me but all their songs were so repetitive and followed the same structure. They could have played the same song 15 times in a row and i wouldnt have known differently. The crowd seemed to notice as well and you could see alot of people heavily mocking them.

Get to see it dies today caitiff choir show on friday. 16 year old me is really happythis week...