The Concert Thread

Worked the door this past Tuesday for one of my favorite live bands ever, The Octopus Project...favorite local band opened for them, Wray....who I think a ton of people on this board would be into, they're debut album was reviewed in the NewYorkTimes and they've already done two US tours opening for Man, or Astro-Man? and are about to do a European tour at the beginning of next year

Rural Alberta Advantage tonight

Had the misfortune of workin the door for MC Chris/MC Lars last night....highlight of the night was MC Lars using a BrandNew song as an interlude into his Ska song. If you're into the NerdRap, that's fine...but live it's so fucking boring....so so boring

The Life and Times tonight

Thee Oh Sees with Jack Name on Thursday

NowhereSquares, Dan Sartain, and Glories on Friday

possibly We Were Promised Jetpacks on Saturday

Alvvays on Sunday

Saw Slowdive at The Neptune in Seattle last week and was blown away. The band sounded amazing, especially since they hadn't toured in over 20 years. Neil Halstead was sick apparently and the show was almost canceled at the last minute. Instead, it took the band about an hour to go on after Low opened, which Rachel apologized about when they arrived on stage. I thought Simon's drumming really added a new dimension to some of the Pygmalion tracks, which were great to hear live. Grabbed a tour poster (hand-numbered out of 100), shirt and hoodie at the merch booth. I really hope they tour North America again soon, especially with a possible new album on the horizon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Longshot... anybody know an easy way to check to see what concerts (smaller US bands) are happening in Beijing?

I tried Last.fm and Songkick and this is all I could find.

http://www.songkick.com/metro_areas/34580-china-beijing

http://www.last.fm/events/+place/China/Beijing

EDIT: Try bandsintown.com as well. I checked on there and the results were better. It says Swans and Tycho are playing there. I'd hit both of those if you can.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...