The Concert Thread

Last year in September I saw Alesana for the first time, then the fall of Troy in October (ish?) and almost broke my glasses in the pit. I also went to see Crown the Empire but I was with a friend that would just dissolve from fear in the pit and we ended up right by the speaker so

but it was fun being able to /look/ at the pit and all the people crowd surfing that should definitely not be crowd surfing

I saw the good life last week, it was pretty great. It was Tim and Ryan's birthday so they were definitely feeling it. Despite the good life just getting back together they put on a great show. Only minor mistakes. Setlist was pretty balanced as well.

I went to the oddball festival last night and that was also pretty cool. I've been doing stand up for about 3 years now and it was kinda weird to know where most of the jokes were going. Got me inspired to write more. Highlight was definitely Jeselnik and TJ Miller. I don't really care for Amy Schumer. Aziz was awesome as always.

I saw the good life last week, it was pretty great. It was Tim and Ryan's birthday so they were definitely feeling it. Despite the good life just getting back together they put on a great show. Only minor mistakes. Setlist was pretty balanced as well.

I went to the oddball festival last night and that was also pretty cool. I've been doing stand up for about 3 years now and it was kinda weird to know where most of the jokes were going. Got me inspired to write more. Highlight was definitely Jeselnik and TJ Miller. I don't really care for Amy Schumer. Aziz was awesome as always.

Tj miller is a cool dude. Saw him perform at bonnaroo it was mostly an improvised set. Asking people in the crowd to blurt things out.

• 2 weeks later...

How was X? I saw them twice in the past few years. I think they're playing without Billy Zoom though, sucks.. hope he recovers well.

This was my first, and only, time seeing them....so I can't say how they are with Billy Zoom versus without. They were fucking fantastic...absolutely blown away with how they sounded. No clue who the fill-in guitarist was....but he was fucking insane on the guitar...he stayed back for most songs, but still had decent stage presence and energy and he would come forward when he playing hotlicks and solos. Dude knew he had shoes to fill and I feel like was really trying hard to embody Zoom.

Only bad thing about the show is that it started before the Bama game was over

Riot fest kicked the shit out of me. Big time bucket list stuff checked off. Lifetime, movielife, American nightmare, millencolin, tenacious d.

Tonight I have hannible buress playing at the bar arcade down the street from me. Halloween I have umphreys McGee. First week in November I have la dispute.

I was contemplating going to that ghost show but honestly after seeing them 3 times i think i am "over" ghost. I havent listened to the new record and i remember being kinda bored the last time i saw them.

I am going to the uncle acid and godspeed show this friday and next wednesday and those will rule

So I bought tickets for Twenty One Pilots in California before they announced they were coming to Phoenix. I bought Phoenix tickets and decided to sell the San Diego tickets. Paid $41/ea upper level. I sold them for $125/ea which was actually below what other people were asking. Phoenix is going to be better anyway, I was able to score tickets for the pit :D

Anyone been to the NIle Theater in Mesa AZ? Going to see Against Me! next weekend and I was wondering what to expect. Also, how's Laura Jane Grace about signing stuff/where would I catch them?

Been there a million times. It's a nice venue, they allow reentry (although you sometimes have to pay extra for wristband to have that luxury), bottles of water are reasonably priced. They don't mind crowd surfing, circle pits, or moshing so punk and hardcore shows usually get really rowdy. My best friend works there as the snack bar guy/bartender (now that they got a liquor license). 

The underground is a whole other experience. Its hot as hell down there but the shows are super intimate. Just saw I The Mighty and Hail the Sun and it was super awesome.

Been there a million times. It's a nice venue, they allow reentry (although you sometimes have to pay extra for wristband to have that luxury), bottles of water are reasonably priced. They don't mind crowd surfing, circle pits, or moshing so punk and hardcore shows usually get really rowdy. My best friend works there as the snack bar guy/bartender (now that they got a liquor license). 

The underground is a whole other experience. Its hot as hell down there but the shows are super intimate. Just saw I The Mighty and Hail the Sun and it was super awesome.

I cannot imagine Dombeing into crowd surfing, moshing, or even standing near other people.

I've been to the Lantlos/Alcest date in Hamburg last week. Lantlos were amazing, Alcest were alright. Especially his newer songs don't work too well in a bare-bones live-setting. All these multiple layers and dense atmospherics of his last records are gone, and what's left are mere good tunes that make you nod your head. Cool night nonetheless.