PO: Kanye West - Graduation (Purple 2XLP) (Bootleg)

Wish they had been numbering these limited editions the whole time, not jsut starting now with Beasties and Beyonce.  But I guess there's not much room to complain.

who cares about numbering on a bootleg? numbered by an anonymous person? they numbered the django bootleg too and i saw several blank copies and several 0002/500. 

Guest thomasbirdsall37
my graduation arrived perfectly too, great condition, played well. i guess a lot depends on how far and wide the vinyl has travelled to get to its destination and the wear and tear factor! i wish the shops would take more greater care when unboxing reboxing and packing the vinyl! but cant complain mine looks good :) 

harsh comments about my message, i was all happy and there are some doom and gloomers:huh: out there picking on me lol, cheer up! just thought this is a nice place for my music hobby and collecting! #cheerup lols:D 

um i still dnt know how to add a picture to my post, i tried to click on the image button but that didnt work. help anyone? :wacko:  found some links to the new beastie and beyonce releases here though -

*drools* cant wait!

i for one care about numbering or some kind of commitment to limiting the qty of a product, makes it more fun to collect knowing i got one of a select amount in the world. i doubt they will be making mistakes if they went to all that trouble to number them the intention must be to keep it exclusive for the fans. not to mention it growing in value after keeping it for a few years #investment ! :)

Guest thomasbirdsall37

actually sleeve / jackets that have splits are due to bad handling and shipping of the vinyl. if the vinyl is not firmly packed it bouncing around in the box on its way to the destination and the constantly friction of the spine against the box makes it tear or split. 

i for one care about numbering or some kind of commitment to limiting the qty of a product, makes it more fun to collect knowing i got one of a select amount in the world. i doubt they will be making mistakes if they went to all that trouble to number them the intention must be to keep it exclusive for the fans. not to mention it growing in value after keeping it for a few years #investment ! :)

that's the whole problem. if it's a bootleg, there's nothing to stop them from numbering 10 copies #2/500 and actually making 5000 instead of 500. if they're not legit about releasing the record in the first place, what's to keep them from lying about the number pressed? (as my example above). 

Guest thomasbirdsall37

these guys have gone through a lot of trouble to start numbering them so i think they are listening to us fans more now, they are even puting a certificate in each copy. to me that shows dedication and commitment. before it was just random and pot luck, now it seems more effort to highlight that they are limited, so i think we are in for a treat. :wub:

these guys have gone through a lot of trouble to start numbering them so i think they are listening to us fans more now, they are even puting a certificate in each copy. to me that shows dedication and commitment. before it was just random and pot luck, now it seems more effort to highlight that they are limited, so i think we are in for a treat. :wub:

Lol, as long as you believe I guess it doesn't matter

Guest thomasbirdsall37

my graduation arrived perfectly too, great condition, played well. i guess a lot depends on how far and wide the vinyl has travelled to get to its destination and the wear and tear factor! i wish the shops would take more greater care when unboxing reboxing and packing the vinyl! but cant complain mine looks good :)

harsh comments about my message, i was all happy and there are some doom and gloomers:huh: out there picking on me lol, cheer up! just thought this is a nice place for my music hobby and collecting! #cheerup lols:D 

um i still dnt know how to add a picture to my post, i tried to click on the image button but that didnt work. help anyone? :wacko:  found some links to the new beastie and beyonce releases here though -

*drools* cant wait!

DJ Quik time will tell! ive just never seen so much effort put in before so i can tell its genuine to keep us happy. i see it as a positive thing :)

hahaha if you think people who bootleg albums care enough to keep a limited numbered run actually numbered and in that # of pressed range.. you're deluded.. 

all they see are $$$ if they press 500 and they sell, then they press another 500.. if anyone out there thinks that the yeezus press only got 750 copies and somehow half are missing bound 2 and the other half have it.. errrr  think again.

um i still dnt know how to add a picture to my post, i tried to click on the image button but that didnt work. help anyone? :wacko:

yeah, I had the hardest time trying to figure this out when I first started posting here too haha this thread helped me:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/87245-posting-a-picture/?hl=pictures