Didn't thedillon say this is the only change he noticed?

I wouldn't say that it's a "censored" album if ONE work was changed.

One line was changed *that he noticed on one playthrough*.  

First off, the one line is going to grate on me every damn time I listen to the record.  I'm not going to ignore a line that was needlessly censored.  

Second, yes, one line DOES make the album censored.

Third, we don't have any sort of confirmation that the rest of the album wasn't fucked with.

Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but I have a big issue with censorship in music, and this one is total crap.

Look, I know it's a huge deal, but this is my favorite album and i just want to own this vinyl for my personal collection and because I won't be able to get another EOTS for close to retail anytime soon, so let me be. I know it annoys and irks some of you and i respect that and i am upset they tampered with the original song too as it is a classic song and a song that brings back such nostalgia for everyone who has listened to this song/ album. But, please don't turn this into a negative thread over a line, let's just be happy the release is actually getting to see the day of light. Let's just also hope that no other releases are tampered with. Like I said, i'm new to collecting vinyl so for me this is a big pick-up since it's my fav blink album. Am I a little hurt? yes, but am i going to let it deter me from making me pass up on this vinyl i've been waiting for over a couple months for? no. I'll deal with it and when a new one get's repressed I will sell this one and buy the new one. 

So I'm a douche because I prefer uncensored music? [...] So fuck off, dude.

No one called you a douche, or resorted to petty name calling.  But it's no surprise that you'd pull that card, considering how ecstatic you are for a fucking Blink-182 album.  You're two years older than me and sweating your panties over a censored lyric on a pop-punk record that saw it's prime when you were in junior high?  Take your own advice and fuck off, mate.  If it's really that big of an issue for you, spend the extra cash and track down one of the dozen variants of the earlier presses.

Classic song lolololo

My sentiments exactly.  That genius line; spoiled forever.  How will life go on?

Blink-182 threads attract a certain type of VCer.  I knew I shouldn't come in here.

Yup.  I still can't resist rubbernecking them, though.  Like the worst kind of train-wreck.

Forgive me for trying to keep the peace in here.

We are all getting worked up over a freaking line that was edited, either buy the LP or don't it's as simple as that. If you don't need it that much then save yourself the agony and time by buying one and let someone else who will appreciate this release more (me) buy it.

I can't help but think that the band or someone involved had the line pulled if it was in fact pulled - and in that case. Who gives a shit? They can do whatever they want with their music / releases.

If you want it how it was - go buy the OG pressing.

Really?  I doubt the band was even remotely involved with this release.  And Blink would DEFINITELY not pull that line from their song.

And even if they did, do you really not think it's their duty to inform people that what they're getting is a censored version?  I know whenever I went to Wal-Mart to buy a CD, I knew if I was getting a clean version or a studio version.  And if that's the ONLY line they pulled?  WHY?  I shouldn't have to buy an overpriced original pressing to get the real version of the album, especially since this wasn't advertised as an edited repressing.  

Obviously this was a release you didn't really care about (since you're just telling people to get over it), and that's fine.  But put yourself in other people's shoes:  If this was a release you've been looking forward to from one of your favorite bands for over half a year, and you find out that all the "naughty words" MIGHT have been edited out (with one line confirmed to be cut out, and no confirmation on the rest of the lyrics on the album) THE DAY OF it's release, you'd probably be pretty fucking pissed, too.  So if you don't have an issue because you didn't plan on buying it, or just planned on buying it to put in a frame and stare at because it's so durn purtey, fine.  But let the people who planned on buying the thing to actually listen to it vent a little, eh?

Because seriously, if you don't think that this is complete bullshit on at lease SOME level, you really don't care about music.  And isn't the music why we all took up this hobby?

Haven't heard that particular edit before. Wonder if maybe the files used were sourced from an import copy of the CD (I highly doubt any of these are from original masters). Perhaps a country that really does look down on sodomy? :P

This honestly makes the most sense of anything posted ITT.