Circa Survive Discography Reissue ?

I just had a chance to get caught up on the last several pages of this thread. You guys are incredible for spending so much time calling physical stores the week before Xmas and getting bummed that they aren't treating you like the gods of retail.

Have you been to a mall this week? THEY'RE FUCKING BUSY!

It's also their job, being in customer service and all.

There is a very fine line here, and I can tell that you've never worked retail. One day you'll get it.

I have worked retail (a very busy clothing store at the mall), and I do agree it sucks to be bombarded but it's just something you have to come to expect working in that industry this time of year.

Received my Juturna and OLG from HT today. They were in a mailer that was pretty beatup and both had pretty rough corner bends. Played OLG and it sounds good. Probably as good as my original presses. Can't remember the last time I played either of those though. Haven't opened the Juturna. Was pretty bumed about the jacket bends. Records seem unaffected.

Received my Juturna and OLG from HT today. They were in a mailer that was pretty beatup and both had pretty rough corner bends. Played OLG and it sounds good. Probably as good as my original presses. Can't remember the last time I played either of those though. Haven't opened the Juturna. Was pretty bumed about the jacket bends. Records seem unaffected.

anyone else have this problem? im still waiting for mine to come in and now im a little worried.

Mine came via FedEx and usually my Hot Topic vinyl comes in a mailer inside a heavier box. This time just the mailer and it looked like hell. The corner bending is not horrific but its definitely noticeable. I wouldn't worry too much.

you got any pics? to show what people are "potentially" in for?

anyone else have this problem? im still waiting for mine to come in and now im a little worried.

Mine came via FedEx and usually my Hot Topic vinyl comes in a mailer inside a heavier box. This time just the mailer and it looked like hell. The corner bending is not horrific but its definitely noticeable. I wouldn't worry too much.

you got any pics? to show what people are "potentially" in for?

you are really annoying

154.gif

You guys seriously get annoyed by anything don't you? I like to keep my collection looking nice. I take good care of my shit. In that regard I don't like any of my records to be damaged in any way. Im sorry if its annoying to ask how bad it is and to see a picture.

You guys seriously get annoyed by anything don't you? I like to keep my collection looking nice. I take good care of my shit. In that regard I don't like any of my records to be damaged in any way. Im sorry if its annoying to ask how bad it is and to see a picture.

That's just a silly request man. If you somehow haven't come across a jacket with bent corners yet (I envy you) you can use google image search to see some examples. It's not like every copy is going to come with bent corners just because this dudes did.

roflbot.jpg

That's just a silly request man. If you somehow haven't come across a jacket with bent corners yet (I envy you) you can use google image search to see some examples. It's not like every copy is going to come with bent corners just because this dudes did.

Trust me I have, and that's the problem. Clearly it happened. he said not that bad but "definitely noticeable." other people's definitions of "not that bad, may differ from mine. And im sorry if that offends the entirety of this website but to be honest I don't care. I wanna make sure I don't have any problems, especially with a record I wont be able to get a replacement of. That being whether it got damaged from HT or FedEx. I just don't want any problems with things I spent good money for.

Yup.  Pretty much this.

And besides, what benefit would you possibly gain from seeing the condition of his records or the package they came in?  Will it help you psyche yourself up, and prepare for a mental breakdown over a bent corner of your own?  His records could have arrived in a box that was trampled and borderline split in half -- that has zero effect on the records you'll be receiving.  If you guys were neighbors or something, I could see the question being appropriate.  But you're asking a dude to take photos of a damaged mailer that will have 0% significance to the mailer you'll be receiving.

While I will say that the majority of this board does indeed get their proverbial panties in a bunch over very trivial affairs, their annoyance with you[r posts] is justified.  Honestly, bud, it's a record.  It's a circular piece of plastic housed in a cardboard sleeve, containing music that you know and presumably love.  It's not a heart transplant.  If a corner is dinged in transit, who cares?  Glancing at your collection, you're obviously new to the vinyl game... so you'll eventually figure it out.  But shit happens.  If you spend "good money" (read: $26 PPD) on a record and it arrives with a corner bend, contact Travis.  He'll be glad to roll his eyes and send you a replacement jacket.

But please.  Don't assume or imply that the rest of us don't "keep [our] collection looking nice", or that we don't "take good care of [our] shit".  As far as new releases go, vinyl is the most expensive format with very few exceptions.  And it's easily the medium which requires the most upkeep.  And this is a community based on that medium.  To suggest that you're above anyone else - or different from anyone else - because you take care of your music is bullshit.  A quarter of this board is probably more OCD than you with their record protection, categorization, and maintenance.

So the tl;dr version: you're annoying because you care way too much about corner dings or minimal transit damage.  Actually, not even that, but the potential of a corner ding or transit damage.  And that's pathetic.  Mellow out and realize that there's a ~95% chance your records will show up in flawless condition.  And that even if the very tip of all four of your Juturna's corners aren't angled at a perfect 90°, no one will give a shit.  It doesn't make you a lesser fan of the band.  It doesn't detract value from your collection.  And it surely has zero effect on how your album will sound.

Fuck.