Black Friday Stampedes/Fights

And I went to target at 8pm last night, lines to checkout were huge, hid some shit in other aisles, came back today around 6pm, grabbed my stash and was in and out in no time.

Personally I think opening on thanksgiving is fucked up. Especially if these people don't get holiday pay (which I hope they did!). The most random places were open around here on thanksgiving. Dollar tree, five below... How much more discounted can you get?? Let those people go home!

Wow thats genius. I think Im going to do that next year.

My mom made us do shit like this growing up. I remember during Christmas season she saw some fancy Xmas figurines or some shit but they were $60 a piece. She was all "ok what we're gonna do is hide these over here... And then when Christmas is over in 2 weeks, they always have. A 75% off sale to clear out the holiday stuff, we'll come back and get these then :)"

I was 10. Damned if those figures weren't still there. The staff was bewildered bcuz they weren't even in their inventory anymore.

I always cringe watching the wal mart videos. I just can't believe as a corporation they are aware of this kind of behavior (and basically condone it by being aware), and don't do anything to try to put a better system in place so no one has to get hurt. It's actually pretty sickening.

I work as a supervisor for best buy and every year it's pretty orderly. Actually, it's pretty hectic, but it's kind of like organized chaos. This year (yesterday? today? I'm delirious) a younger guy bumped his cart into this old lady's cart trying to get a tv in a rush (of which we had plenty) when they started letting the line in and I told him that he "better slow the fuck down" (used those exact words, yes!!) or else he wasn't getting shit. Felt awesome.

I tweeted about how anybody who goes shopping on Thanksgiving is a prick. Retail workers have families too.

I used to work at a mall shoe store and I remember one time on Christmas Eve this lady was saying how she would come back "tomorrow" and buy the shoes she wanted. I told her we wouldn't be open tomorrow. She instantly got an attitude and was like "What do you mean you won't be open tomorrow?! Why not? That's some bullshit." I almost lost it.

I went with my sister just to make sure she was alright all night.

My local Wal-Mart handled things great, they were open all day so people weren't out in the cold getting worked up. They did a wrist band system for a 1 hour in-stock guarantee on the big ticket items (for instance, on the laptops: you get a wrist band at 4pm, and then can leave or browse the store, they go on sale at 6pm, as long as you are there before 7pm, you got one) I only noticed two cops (one at front check lanes and one in electronics). Nobody had gotten out of line and my sister was able to get everything on her list.

Kohls was a mad house. We waited in line for an hour and twenty minutes and people seemed more aggressive there.

Didn't get to Target until 11'ish, when most stuff was picked over and the store wasn't very crowded.

It really is disturbing/depressing to read about the fights and deaths that took place.

I only bought one thing yesterday, and it was FL Studio 11 on Amazon, because it was one of their lightning deals. I would never even think of going into any of the big box stores on Black Friday, Thanksgiving Day, hell, even the day before. No deal is good enough to risk getting beat up or run over (or stabbed/shot, apparently).

People are so selfish.

im not crazy at all about stores opening up on thanksgiving, but im sorry, if you work in retail, and you make the choice to take that job, you should expect to work every holiday except thanksgiving and christmas day.  you're in retail, the business you work for THRIVES off when the rest of america has off for a holiday.  I dunno, maybe thats hard to grasp, but when I worked for a grocery store thru college, I knew i'd work every holiday for at least a few hours.  

I worked at PacSun for 2 1/2 years and knew from the start I'd be working Christmas Eve, New Years, 4th of July, Black Friday, etc. but Christmas and Thanksgiving are off limits in my opinion, I even have tacky tshirts to go along with it.. but I find it so awful that they're taking away those guarantees.

I just don't see why you have to go out and shop like a crazy person at 6 PM on Thanksgiving. Isn't that when people are supposed to eat dinner and enjoy the presence of their loved ones? Even if you don't have family you can spend it with, call a friend or something and hang out with him/her. There's gotta be some better way you can spend your Thanksgiving.

Am I the only one that loves Black Friday? I agree being open on Thansgiving is getting out of hand though. No reason you can't wait until Midnight. All the same stuff will get bought by the same people.

In saying that though, since it was open, I hit up Best Buy about 10pm on Thursday & raped them for movies/tv shows.

Am I the only one that loves Black Friday? I agree being open on Thansgiving is getting out of hand though. No reason you can't wait until Midnight. All the same stuff will get bought by the same people.

I'm pretty indifferent about it myself.  I don't work retail and don't participate (I don't care for shopping, crowds or the combination of the two).  Overall, it doesn't affect me outside of hearing a little bit about it every year.

I do dig that labels do deals on their websites and I'll always take advantage of that, past that I can really take or leave the 'holiday'.

Went to walmart at like 7 to get something else not related to Black Friday. Waited like 5 minutes outside in line (they let in 10 people at a time), then got in and there was an hour and a half line no matter how many items you had. So we left.

Went to Target, didn't open till 8 so got there and got in line. There were probably 150 people in front of us. Got in after 20 mins or less, got what I wanted, wasnt a big ticket item but on sale, went to the front of the store expecting the worst. No lines as of yet cause people were all trying to check out in the electronics section hahahah. Little did they know, the line was for Apple products only.

Also saw a lady with three TVs on a cart, all of which were 40"+. She's coming out the door down the ramp and the TV in the bottom just slid out. -.-

My mom has always been a black friday crazy woman. Lucky for me, I just look at the papers, give her a list and the money and she is usually able to grab whatever I want. This year, Fred Meyer had this sweet handheld sega genesis thing for 30, and it's 50 on amazon. so I swung by before work (because it's not a holiday, just another friday so I had to work) and grabbed one. totally worth the money but I can't make Road Rash work. which bums me out.