PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

• 5 months later...

Just the opposite here. As Whirr gradually ran off all the lovely girl voices, I have been less interesed in them. Their music is good now, don't get me wrong, for my ears it just seems better with the femme.

Love the new Nothing songs on the split!

I didn't think they could improve on Downward Years and GoE just blew everything away. Still my AOTY 2014 and never get tired of spinnng it.

True, that album cannot be topped most likely, but but just like Enter for Russian Circles, I'm not going to moan if they don't write another GoE.  If they go in my direction, great, if not , c'est la vie.  But again, the tracks off the split are DOPE :)

The Whirr songs from the split are awesome but they are indeed a bit unrelated to what you'd expect from the band's signature sound. They sound like turned into a regular Will-Yip-produced band that works wonders in a short shot like this split. But in a full album, that would take their whole magic away.

Not sure if you're aware but Sway was actually mastered by Will.

Just the opposite here. As Whirr gradually ran off all the lovely girl voices, I have been less interesed in them. Their music is good now, don't get me wrong, for my ears it just seems better with the femme.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.  The two Whirr songs on that split are beyond boring to me, and easily the weakest tracks they've written, in my opinion.  Really underwhelming.  Sway wasn't a bad release by any means, but I'm with you – they've been on a (gradually) steady decline since Distressor.

But the Nothing side of the split is fantastic.  Jrodan's correct in praising Chloroform.  Easily the split's highlight for me.

Not sure if you're aware but Sway was actually mastered by Will.

I'm aware but it was produced by Jack Shirley. Just listen to both production works and you'll easily notice the big difference between them. Of course, that could always be the band searching for a different approach so it's just a matter of what kind of sound fits you better.