PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

Nothing's van was crashed into in middle of the night and band has been stuck in Toledo for 2 days now and cancelled some shows. They need help to get back on road. Read on and feel free to at least spread the word on your social media.

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/nothing-need-help-continue-tour

Cross post from Whirr thread...sorry guys!

Anyone by chance going to the show in Chicago tonight? Looking like I'm screwed and unable to go last minute. Car is fucked, friend is a flake. If they have the Whirr X-Files shirts with them, I would seriously appreciate it if somebody could grab me a medium. I'll toss you some extra cash for doing so. Lemme know ya'll.

To reiterate, I do quite enjoy Nothing (and Whirr).  But after referring to their fans as pussies, retards, and telling them to fuck off / stop listening to their music / etc... I find myself cringing at their request for the fanbase to reach out and give a helping hand.  Just my 2¢.

Also to add on to that I would totally help out and get a shirt if it didn't just say "Fuck It" in huge letters

Also to add on to that I would totally help out and get a shirt if it didn't just say "Fuck It" in huge letters

Agreed.  Scoff at me all you'd like, but Nothing's image and persona have always been a little 2edgy4me.  Not enough to deter me from listening to their music, but I do find myself rolling my eyes at a lot of things they post.

i thought only Whirr was doing that. Nothing did too? (I could have missed this, I really don't know)

There's a bit of overlap, I think.  I don't want to put my foot into my mouth or speak in absolutes, but I get the impression that Nick [who plays in both bands] also runs both of their social media profiles.  I don't see why anyone else would care as much about the Pitchfork review or bother knocking disapproving fans.

To reiterate, I do quite enjoy Nothing (and Whirr).  But after referring to their fans as pussies, retards, and telling them to fuck off / stop listening to their music / etc... I find myself cringing at their request for the fanbase to reach out and give a helping hand.  Just my 2¢.

This. God it brings down their music so much, mostly speaking about whirr. 

Edit: I enjoy whirr, don't get me wrong, but dude has way too big of a head for what his band is. Whirr is probably at the bottom (for me) of shoegaze type bands out there.