PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

I am kind of surprised to see Nothing release an LGBT themed record.  Obviously they're not against LGBT rights (I would assume), but when you share a band member with Whirr, who call their fans pussies and just aren't very conscientious people, it does seem a little odd.  That said, I love Nothing's music and I ordered this record, just a little weird.

And hey, obviously there is no issue with them doing this, they just aren't the first band I would expect to do it.  Good for them/Relapse for slapping the LGBTQ flag on the front of their record.  It's cool and it will sell.

I am kind of surprised to see Nothing release an LGBT themed record.  Obviously they're not against LGBT rights (I would assume), but when you share a band member with Whirr, who call their fans pussies and just aren't very conscientious people, it does seem a little odd.  That said, I love Nothing's music and I ordered this record, just a little weird.

And hey, obviously there is no issue with them doing this, they just aren't the first band I would expect to do it.  Good for them/Relapse for slapping the LGBTQ flag on the front of their record.  It's cool and it will sell.

I'm sure whirr would do the same and care deeply about LGBT rights. I realize they can come off a little obtuse and I'm not defending them, but I would venture to say they are very for LGBT rights, at least I really hope so. 

Thank you.  I wasn't going to say anything since I've beaten the horse to death and made it very clear that Whirr's music is infinitely better than their persona, but this same line of thought definitely crossed my mind.  I'm 99% sure I've seen Nick post comments on Facebook, (jokingly?) calling people "fags" and things of the nature.  That's not something that I'll personally get up in arms about, but to be a part of something that so proudly stands behind LGBT strikes me as a little hypocritical.

I also understand that Nick isn't the sole entity behind Whirr (or in this case, Nothing).  And that his sentiments don't necessarily have to be shared with the rest of the band, thank goodness.