What was your last "why the fuck did i buy that" record?

I bought Dillinger Four "Situationalist Comedy" two nights ago. I was drunk. No regrets but I did wonder why I bought it.

You should buy this every time you're drunk. To remind yourself that while drunk you should listen to Dillinger four.

And I bought Pentimento - I think we've wrecked each other in the most beautiful was possible... on a whim. Mostly because people here blow their wad over the band. I saw it at the store and bought it. Should have listened first. It's really quite shit. Anyone in Australia want it cheap? Or a trade? Or Americans can pay for postage and a few bucks?

It's on white too

last night, I bought the Death of Lovers LP without having heard anything. I really like Whirr so I thought I'd give it a shot. Got the download, heard it and came to the conclusion that this is an album that I'd rather have on iTunes and not on vinyl. damn it.

if you got a Blue /100, you better sell it soon after you get it for cost so no one accuses you of flippage :)

Grails' Black Tar Prophecies Vol. 4, 5 & 6... bought it 'cuz it was limited and felt like I'd probably enjoy it as I liked some previous stuff from Grails but ended up re-listening to the MP3's and decided to sell my sealed copy 'cuz I really didn't like it at all. At least, not enough to warrant keeping it and opening it. Fortunately, the dude I sold it to missed out on getting it so he was quite stoked to get the limited pressing. I guess that's a win-win for both of us.

I've done this quite a few times and made some bad decisions. I also feel obligated to pick up vinyl by opening bands I've never heard of cause I want to support touring bands pressing more vinyl.

I think this is different and is absolutely worth continuing doing. Not so much because of the obligation, but because it's awesome to be a supporter. Even if you're not 100% into the band, it's still worth the $5-$10 to add another piece to your collection that you know helped a band with gas to make it to the next stop on tour.

That being said, I spent over $100 on What's the Story Morning Glory and have listened to it once. It's a phenomenal album, I just wish I wouldn't have spent the money.

The Menzingers-On the Impossible Past

A Drugchurch ep.

Bought the hype on both, immediately regretted it.

Man I love drug church. I've met those dudes and they're killer. They played in a basement in my hometown last fall and it was so good. If I didn't own most of their stuff on vinyl, I would hit you up for it.

First thing like this that comes to mind was when I saw Surfer Blood and Turbo Fruits a few years back. Was going to get the Surfer Blood album on vinyl and a Turbo Fruits 7" but for some reason got Surfer Blood on CD and the Turbo Fruits album, which was pressed horribly and has a bunch of skips, right out of the shrink. I figured I could get the SB album whenever, and then it quickly went out of print.