What was your last "why the fuck did i buy that" record?

comeback kid turn it around rsd and algernon cadwallader some kind of cadwallader.  I bought them on RSD cause the store I went to had nothing else I wanted, and I was sad and made the trek so I figured whatever.  And then I found out there was a store next door that had way more in stock of what I wanted and I bought more stuff there.

Hey, if it's the fancy gold record, I could, you know, take it off your hands...

I nearly bought that same Animal Collective thing, but instead I got a Propagandhi album. I consider that a very important turning point in my life.

I was going to buy the NEMS Black Sabbath Vol. 4 repress, but I got the Animal Collective instead. Rookie mistake.

I recently got sucked into The Format's preorder hype and got I&L and the Swans diecut.  I ordered right before the black Dog Problems pressing went up, which was really all I wanted, and I now realize I don't really even want that.  They're a fine band that had their time and place for me, but I just don't listen to them anymore.

Thankfully, high prices have kept me from jumping on some of the rereleases I would have certainly regretted: Finch, The Academy Is, and Acceptance, to name a few.

Aw. I've actually been meaning to buy this.

I would be interested in Gatsby! 

Still available (along with Why We Fight) here: http://overduecollection.limitedrun.com/

Kinda pricy, but they sound great, and both are really well-made.  Both of the "rare" variants appear to still be available too.

I purchased Cynic's "Portal Tapes"

There's a reason why it wasn't originally released under the band name Cynic. It's awful.

Also that Animal Collective record I was told to buy, Merriweather Post Pavilion. Luckily I was able to sell that one off.

I got this too and didn't think it was that terrible, but definitely not something I would listen to more than a few times though. But if you ever feel adventurous, listen to it at 33 rpm, sounds ridiculously trippy and hilarious. My buddy did that when he borrowed it from me and thought it sounded wierd because he didn't know it was suppose to be 45rpm, hilarity ensued.

I bought a Circa Survive reissue to try to understand the hype. It's the perfect combination of overhyped and overpriced to make it a regrettable purchase. At some point I'll sell it and hope that the rabid fanbase allows me to break even on the prospect. 

i did that with the original picture discs. my roommate was a huge fan, so i said, okay... why not? awful... just awful... you better believe i flipped that shit. 

I bought a Crazy Town "Butterfly" 12" Single last week…..

Discuss

This is the "Why the fuck did I buy that record?" thread, not the "Why, THE FUCK! I did buy that record!" thread.

My most recent regretful purchase was probably when I bought the purple variant of the Kanye West - Graduation bootleg from Vinyl-Digital. I immediately wished I hadn't, but cancelled my order as soon as the DGD boxset pre-order went live and was able to get a refund. I feel like I dodged a bullet there, especially after hearing how long it took for most people to get their copies.

I think my biggest regretful purchase is probably the CI pressing of August Burns Red - Leveler, specifically because I passed on buying Constellations at retail price and bought Leveler instead. Now, Constellations sells for triple digits and the CI Leveler is still in stock. I will remain pissed about that as long as Leveler is in my collection.

I love M83 so I preordered the Oblivion soundtrack, unheard. Upon hearing, I immediately regretted it. 

Then I figured, "Look at how much Drive went for after the fact! I'm sure this sealed copy of the clear variant is gonna be worth crazy money soon!" Yeah... Nope.

Just bought a lot from Robo's new webstore sale. I'm wondering if some of those will end up being regret worthy for this thread. As for why I did it, I'm drunk and they were cheap. I feel that is the answer to many of life's regrettable decisions.

Dude you and me both. I picked up:

Devices - S/T 12" for $.99

Golden City - S/T 10" for $.99

Beware of Safety - Leaves/Scars 2x12" for $9.99 and

Arktika - Symmetry 12" for $8.99

I felt like I was getting away with robbery. I won't regret it. It was too cheap not to.