2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

All the complaints about Record Store Day and the giant cash grab and eBay flippers and limited stock and long lines aside, I think RSD eve is still the closest I get to the feeling I used to have as a little kid on Christmas eve.

Isn't that horribly sad??

no way man. I woke up this morning already excited. tomorrow I'm getting a bunch of new, awesome records. already told the wife to not count on me doing anyhting but playing music all night.

All the complaints about Record Store Day and the giant cash grab and eBay flippers and limited stock and long lines aside, I think RSD eve is still the closest I get to the feeling I used to have as a little kid on Christmas eve.

Isn't that horribly sad??

Its like Xmas to me....besides being able to get some new music to listen to and expand my collection, I get the chance to kill time chatting about music in line! Last year by 6am a group had formed and we were so busy discussing music time flew by! None of my friends or coworkers are into music so I enjoy it and enjoy the excitement leading up to it. I remember camping out for concert tix and movie tix and it was always about the experience and the fun we would have in line while waiting!

Being excited about the things you love is what life is all about.  Embrace it instead of trying to psychoanalyze it. 

As I have gotten older (I'll be 39 this year), I've realized that, as long as you're not hurting anyone, you have to do what makes you happy because you never know how long you'll have the chance.

Enjoy it!  Happy RSD Eve, all! 

Should I get the 12" or 7" box for The Space Project? 12" is easier to play and cheaper, but the box looks like it will have some cool artwork.

This is exactly the same dilemma I'm facing. I asked this question on Bull Moose's youtube video page (who recommended the 7") and he replied that the artwork is really something, plus the 7" package fits the theme better. I think he talked me into getting the 7" haha.

This will be my first RSD and I'm breaking the bank, sooo much I want. 

Same here.  I was told my store was only getting the 12", so I was going to settle for that.  But I found out last night that they got the 7" boxset so I'm getting that instead.  Really excited for this release.

The store I want to go to opens at 10 and I have work at 1:30 so I think if I get there early enough I could be out by noon (at most) in time to get back.

My girl was nice and told me, "later tonight I wanna hear about the records you might get"

Could be a trap though..

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers

10246468_10152359320219448_6761794599150

DEATHWISH x RECORD STORE DAY: 20% OFF SALE, RSD Exclusives, etc.

The Deathwish Store will be carrying RSD Exclusive titles including: 

RSD Exclusives

Bloodlet "Live On WMFU-FM" 12"LP

Full Of Hell / Psywarfare Split 12"LP

Integrity / Vegas Split 7"EP

Noisem / Occultist Split 7"EP

True Widow "True Widow" 12"LP

Various Artists "In Utero" Tribute 12"LP

Deathwish Exclusives

100 Demons "Self Titled" LP (Pre-order)

The definitive pressing of this contemporary classic hardcore release.

United Nations "Never Mind The Bombings…" 7"EP (Pre-order)

A repress of this great EP featuring Thursday and Converge members.

Get 20% Off your order!!!

Enter Coupon code "RSD2014" at checkout to receive your discount.

It all kicks off at 12AM EST April 19th!!! http://store.deathwishinc.com

Sale going on April 19th and 20th only.

Excluded from the 20% Discount: New and Pre-order items, RSD exclusives, and Deathwish Exclusives.