2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

No idea, didn't even actually see one they went so fast. Do you know what's on the Dads EP? The back of it just says "These songs were not written by Dads" but I don't have the energy to listen to anything just yet. Obviously gonna be covers.

Odd. I wonder what they covered. I was able to order one, someone mentioned in the Request thread that 6131 will be putting some online eventually.

to anyone that got Notorious BIG "Life after death" - does your copy skip often? I'm currently on side D and at least 5 songs skipped routinely.

I'm on side B, and no skips so far. Is yours a clear swirl?

Edit:

That's crazy. I thought the Ghostbusters 10" was more of a general novelty/afterthought purchase. How much were they going for at the store?

I paid $16.99. There a woman in line that went on a 15 minute rant in line about the power of music and karma. She was apparently buying the theme to play at her wedding. She also gave out $100 gift cards. It was trippy.

Hit three stores, found most everything minus Bayside the Football Record. I am sure it will turn up eventually. 

[/url]">http://http://s966.photobucket.com/user/ajhall04/media/RSD_zpsca293925.jpg.html'>RSD_zpsca293925.jpg

Also, grabbed the Fun and Scott Pilgirm. 

For the first time in the history of RSD, I got every single thing I wanted without having to scramble online or go hunting all day long!

Got in line at my favorite local record store, My Mind's Eye, at 6:30am, was about 20 people back. They opened at 8am, and I scored:

Neko Case comp 7-inch (for the wife)

The Julie Ruin 7-inch (for the wife)

Middle Class Rut 7-inch

The Specials 7-inch (for the wife)

Sunny Day/Circa split

The 2 Bobs 7-inch

fun. 10-inch (for a friend)

Butch Walker 10-inch

Breadwinner 12-inch
Cave In 2xLP
CHVRCHES 12-inch (2476/2500, for the wife)
Creepoid 12-inch
Death Cab For Cutie 2xLP
Dresden Dolls 2xLP
Green Day 2xLP
Paramore 12-inch
Pinback LP
Suburban Mutilation LP
In Utero tribute LP
Scott Pilgrim soundtrack LP (for a co-worker)
Holy Fuck LP (used)
Silkworm - Blueblood LP (used)
Titus Andronicus - The Monitor 2xLP (used)

Got out around 9, headed down the street to the Exchange, where surprisingly no one else was in line. By the time doors opened at 10, there were maybe 20 people behind me. I got:

Cake box set(!!!!!!!!!)
Bayside 7-inch (for the wife)
Chiodos 7-inch (for a co-worker)
Conor Oberst/Dawes split (for a co-worker)
One Direction 7-inch (for a co-worker)
Sunny Day/Circa split (for a friend)
Jay-Z/Linkin Park LP (for a co-worker)

All in all, I spent $627.48 (about $150 of which will be paid back to me by other folks).

It hurts so good.

I'm on side B, and no skips so far. Is yours a clear swirl?

Edit:

I paid $16.99. There a woman in line that went on a 15 minute rant in line about the power of music and karma. She was apparently buying the theme to play at her wedding. She also have out $100 gift cards. It was trippy.

A friend of mine's sister had a Ghostbusters cake at her wedding. It was very cool.

Got my cake box set and for every $25 you spent you got to pick something off this table it was mostly all crap but they had some random test presses some were marked and some weren't

So I got a anti flag, a letlive., tegan and Sara closer remix, a crystal method one, and some band called strange talk? Pretty excited because these are my first test presses

User Spaghetti got an extra copy of the split 7" for me, and ended up with 1 red and 1 clear. He let me have the clear since i'm a huge Circa fan. Still can't believe it haha. Incredible dude.

That completes my RSD want list haha.

No worries, glad I could help.

RSD exclusives I picked up:

The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3 [Clear Vinyl]

J.Spaceman & Kid Millions - Live At Le Poisson Rouge [Comes with 7"]

Tame Impala - Live Versions [Translucent Green Vinyl]

Hamilton Leithouser - Alexandra 7"

Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animal 7"

The Snow - Memory Loss 7"

This was my 3rd record store day with my son. He's 11 and really getting into music. Had a blast hanging out before opening, talking music with the others in line and scored some really great records. Managed to come home with:

Drive By Truckers - Dragon Pants ep

Bruce Springsteen - American Beauty ep

Jaco Pastorius - Criteria Sessions

The JB's - Food For Thought

Velvet Underground - Loaded

Sun Records compilation

Ronnie Spector & The E Street Band 7"

One Direction 7" (for my daughter of course)

We've been home spinning records for 3 hours and they all sound great.

I saw two people with the box and the owner confirmed they only had two. What time did you get in line? I was there about 745.

Got in line @ 7, Cake was the only thing I needed. Thought I was gonna get jumped for it. I had like 4 people run up to me asking how many there were and how much.

All I got were the 311 records. Bummed they're the same retail price as "Music" was when that came out, but these ones aren't in gatefold jackets. So it goes. Wanted the Deerhoof/Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog split until I saw that the Deerhoof song is something off of "Deerhoof vs. Evil" and I'm not about to pay $10 for one unreleased song.