Quote from Episode 1 that I think defines this thread.

"You gotta chapter in one of those books on jumpin' to conclusions? You're attaching assumption to a piece of evidence. You start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."

another episode 1 quote

"The solution was right under my nose, but I was paying attention to the wrong clues."

Quote from Episode 1 that I think defines this thread.

"You gotta chapter in one of those books on jumpin' to conclusions? You're attaching assumption to a piece of evidence. You start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."

I mean, yea that's pretty accurate, but there's definitely a lot of symbolism and clues in the show intended for us to have these types of discussions.

I mean, yea that's pretty accurate, but there's definitely a lot of symbolism and clues in the show intended for us to have these types of discussions.

Just being facetious man. Thought it was funny that it was in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 because the writer knew the audience was going to be piecing things together and coming up with theories.

its cool because its letting us play detective, however; because of the clues, this show lets everyone be a suspect, lots of red herrings left and right to keep the audience fooled.

Maybe it'll get super meta and like a director will call "cut" and Matthew and Woody will start playing themselves. And then they win a bunch of awards for incredible acting and talk about how they used method acting to really get into their roles and the script and then you find out that they were so method that they actually killed people and then they get arrested.

Maybe it'll get super meta and like a director will call "cut" and Matthew and Woody will start playing themselves. And then they win a bunch of awards for incredible acting and talk about how they used method acting to really get into their roles and the script and then you find out that they were so method that they actually killed people and then they get arrested.

I'd watch that show.

wow that's meta

Holy shit. Next week is going to be so intense. I'm really liking the whole "getting the gang back together" vibe between Rust and Marty. I don't think they're going to pull some supernatural stuff in that last episode, but if they do then I'm sure it will be awesome.

I think it's amazing that I genuinely don't know what to expect.

How about this for a crazy theory -- Marty is clean but his wife is in on it. Think most of us suspect her father to play some roll. We know it's this big web of families that forms the cult.

Maybe the reason she slept with Rusty was to throw a wedge between them before they figured it out.