Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

I really hope the amazon one is the same version. 70 bucks with shipping is really ridiculous!!

unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon screwed up.  I'm not sure if the 5x10 is exclusive to RSD, but that hasn't stopped them before.  I'm just a little surprised they haven't put up Superunknown yet.

I bought the original as soon as it came out at the lone remaining record store in my area. It was $11.99. I asked the owner if that was the right price because it had to be a 2xLP based on the track listing. He double checked and that was the right price. I guess I've been willfully ignorant of the increase in vinyl costs because as an old guy, I can pretty easily afford what I want whereas I had to pick and choose what I'd be spending my $11.99 when I bought this in high school. But $50+ for the new version? 20 years later or not, that's madness and it's (finally) going to make me think twice about what I buy going forward. 

I bought the original as soon as it came out at the lone remaining record store in my area. It was $11.99. I asked the owner if that was the right price because it had to be a 2xLP based on the track listing. He double checked and that was the right price. I guess I've been willfully ignorant of the increase in vinyl costs because as an old guy, I can pretty easily afford what I want whereas I had to pick and choose what I'd be spending my $11.99 when I bought this in high school. But $50+ for the new version? 20 years later or not, that's madness and it's (finally) going to make me think twice about what I buy going forward. 

This is exactly how I feel. I get it, it's not going to be $11.99, but that price.

There is an exception, though. If it turns out that it is pressed at Pallas (or RTI, etc), thick tip on jacket, with the remaster sounding a lot better than the original, i may see the value in it. But sound unheard and sight unseen, with the previous releases being pressed at URP? No.

Soundgarden needs a marteting person that understands what their fans want, and someone smart enough to explain why they are charging $55 for a double LP.

There are several labels releasing great stuff under top notch packaging and reasonable prices (Southern Lord, f.i.) or strugglng to keep prices affordable (Temporary Residence). 

This RSD / expensive reissues approach is mainly major label driven and, unfortunately, it's moving the whole vinyl market towards there. They still bet on the same old ethics of remastering and repackaging something that was already good and trying to make ends meet with the new era of free downloads and piracy,

On the other hand, no one's obliged to buy anything, so... I try to support those who keep things straight.