The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

Tbh I ended up with a blue and a red. I have yet to test the sound quality of my blue yet. Some people have had just quite records and some sound like sandpaper to the needle. My red sounds like crap but hoping the blue sounds better and I am going to clean them both over. I will sell/trade one of the copies. I mean anyone buying them would be doing it for variant collecting at this point as even a cd sounds better than my red copy. It is a shame because "Devil In My Bloodstream" is their best song yet and is one of the worst sounding on vinyl currently.

It dawned on me yesterday that this album is slightly too long to fit properly on a 12" according to most pressing plants specifications. At 49mins it's about 9mins over what pirates press reccomends. Maybe that's why there's quality issues with these..thoughts?

DOWN WITH HOPELESS 

It dawned on me yesterday that this album is slightly too long to fit properly on a 12" according to most pressing plants specifications. At 49mins it's about 9mins over what pirates press reccomends. Maybe that's why there's quality issues with these..thoughts?

my thought is yes. i think you nailed it. i didn't realize the album was so long. it would certainly make everything quieter and the inner grooves sound terrible. so basically if we're looking for a repress let's hope it's a double.

Hmm. Since they are apparently different colors, does anyone have a record release variant (preferably pop up shop) they wanna sell me a for a reasonable price? Thanks.

They are technically the same color, they were pressed at different times though hence eh color variation. That's like I have 2 different color maroon copies of real talk.

They are technically the same color, they were pressed at different times though hence eh color variation. That's like I have 2 different color maroon copies of real talk.

Yeah, I gotcha. I mean, I still need it just cause it's another "variant" even though the only thing that's really different about it is the cover.

There's no way. One is clear one is opaque. That's not a small splash of color from the previous pressed record.

I got a red copy from MerchNow and while waiting for it picked up the orange from amazon.ca. Looking to sell the red one at cost for anyone who needs a copy. 

Don't know if any of you saw the floods that hit my city this past week but I've been evacuated from my home since last thursday. So I haven't had a chance to spin either to check the quality yet. The money will be going to food in my fridge so let me know if you want it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there going to be a new pressing of this any time soon? you know, with all the audio problems fixed.

I really like this record but I've been holding off..

I heard there's a possible 2nd press in the works for an early 2014 release.  I agree, the surface noise on certain copies is just ridiculous.  I own the banquet orange UK press and spun the record release I have once.  They weren't as bad as some people's, but I've heard the blue is absolutely horrendous.  Luckily the 7" I got wasn't warped.

• 2 months later...