RSD15 Request Thread

What if we start a Google Spreadsheet?

Have title requests across the top

board members who want them under each title

or something along those lines

I made something like this about a month ago as a template and posted in the other RSD thread. Take a look (I'm pasting from my previous post below) and let me know if it's worth setting this up for real:

Hey folks,

I was just thinking about how there are a lot of good people on this board who will be genuinely seeking out albums for their own collections and listening pleasure. And I know that sometimes there are more copies of certain albums in some places more than others. I was trying to find a fair and beneficial way of setting up a system so that VCers can help other VCers out on RSD without having to resort to inflated Discogs or Ebay prices. 

So I decided to have some fun with Google Forms. Right now I've just sort of made a sample template. I would adjust this a little bit based on feedback and perhaps some other factors (input is gladly accepted). 

Basically, there would be two steps: First, a VC member can use the form to input a bit of information (no credit cards necessary...) with their username plus the desired album, and whether it is a regional release (we will likely wait for the official list to actually enter information). 

Then, 48 hours before actual RSD (which is like 25 hours from Australian RSD), a spreadsheet with all of the entries would appear. It looks and feels just like an Excel Spreadsheet, except that anyone with the link (as in it will only be shared with members interested - will have to figure out a good way to share the link) can respond and purchase a copy of a desired item for another member, indicating this on the spreadsheet. Because Google Spreadsheets update in real time, other users could see that a copy has been purchased (and wouldn't accidentally be stuck with a record for someone else).

Here are the links to my samples. Feel free to use the form for fun, but know that this is just a sample. I'd love to hear feedback on how and/or if this might work, and then we can make a real one:

Form: https://docs.google....?usp=send_form�

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

(note: you'll find that the content entered via the form is un-editable. This is intentional.)

I like the idea.

I think the fulfillment could pose an issue - primarily what if someone said they could get Deja for example, but can't get it (because the store didn't get it or they only got 1 copy and just missed it)

I think the idea would be that I would make one and post it at a certain point in time (with advance notice) to be kind of a numerical order of posting, and then while you're waiting for 45 minutes in line to pay, you can indicate that you've picked up a copy. You wouldn't indicate that you have one until it's in your hands. And because the spreadsheet is live, you would see if someone else is fulfilling. 

I mean the obvious other option is to connect with a few other people on the board and work out deals (which would prove more substantive as far as your return), but I thought this could be a way of looking for regional, specific, unique one-off records.

you may get better participation if you find a way to incentivize it.  Otherwise, it's just a bunch of people blurting out their want list and hoping somebody does their shopping for them.

I was thinking about an overly complex way to manage something like this fairly.

Maybe have users submit a list of like ranked items and weight each of them (something like a ratio of rarity vs number of times it appears all lists).  If I supply a wishlist item for somebody else, I earn some amount of points based on the weight of the item.  Total points accrued determines who gets their wishlist goods in some sort of ranked round-robin.  example - if I supplied the most stuff, I get my #1 wishlist item fulfilled first.

somebody less lazy than I should go ahead and implement all that.  kthx.

It just occurred to me earlier today that the Venetian Snares represses might be Europe-only, seeing as how they aren't anywhere on the US list, so if a European bruh comes across a copy of Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett and is willing to send it over, I'd be super grateful (and might even be able to grab something for you in return). That's really the only thing I think I'll have a hard time getting this year.

If anyone wants to grab me a copy of Hinds - Davey Crockett RSD release I would be most grateful.

I'm not sure but think this is a UK only release. There's other UK only releases I would like. So If anyone in the UK wants any US RSD releases we can trade a list of wants to help each other out let me know.

It just occurred to me earlier today that the Venetian Snares represses might be Europe-only, seeing as how they aren't anywhere on the US list, so if a European bruh comes across a copy of Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett and is willing to send it over, I'd be super grateful (and might even be able to grab something for you in return). That's really the only thing I think I'll have a hard time getting this year.

which albums? My local has a few in the bins. I always notice when im searching for Tosca. Happy to look next time I'm there.

OFF! - LIVE FROM THE BBC 10"

PITY SEX - EUCILID 7”

PIANOS BECOME THE TEETH - CLOSE 7"

I think the OFF! 10" will be the hardest thing for me to get.

Also, like everyone and their mom, I'd want a copy of Deja but if I couldn't get that dumbass Ghostbusters record there's no way I'll get a copy of this until it gets a standard repress.

I couldn't get that dumbass Ghostbusters record

I could have bought like 3 of those things.  I picked one up and then realized that it was completely stupid and put it back in the rack.  Of course, then I see what they're going for on Ebay the next day...turns out I am the stupid one.

I could have bought like 3 of those things. I picked one up and then realized that it was completely stupid and put it back in the rack. Of course, then I see what they're going for on Ebay the next day...turns out I am the stupid one.

I found an original Ray Parker Jr. 45 with the Ghostbusters theme for $2. I think I win over any flipper.

I'm in Australia so I'm not sure what I'll get access to without paying stupid prices on ebay. But I was chasing the following:

• Any or all of The 1975's EP
• U2 - Songs of Innocence

• Biffy Clyro - Puzzle (I'm sure this will be in press after RSD anyways)

• Peace - "Peace" 12" EP

Any help would be appreciated.

which albums? My local has a few in the bins. I always notice when im searching for Tosca. Happy to look next time I'm there.

Just Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett, but I'd be surprised if your shop has it, since it's arguably his most well-known/popular album.

(If it does, though, lemme know and we can work something out)