Diiv - Is The Is Are, Coming Fall 2015

I haven't received mine. But CT shipping is awful. I'm not gonna get concerned until April.

Newbury came in yesterday, nicely done, subtle on the splat. Still waiting on CT but mine is delayed due to ordering a CS, too per a previous email. Sounds like CT will be the working vinyl copy. And when lazy, the CS on auto.

I finally listened to this on vinyl tonight and it does seem a lot longer than when I listened to it digitally. I love all the songs (except for the closing track, it seems really lazy) but I feel like they could have released an LP and then an EP next year to break it up a little. It could have been a nice surprise and kept money coming in. Just my opinion. Love DIIV nonetheless and I'm still excited about this record.

Just got my Newbury version. I forgot which version was which. The label, which notes it's the NC version, says clear and white with pops of pink and red. So I was surprised when the records were clear and white with pops of blue and yellow. Had to look back to see what it was supposed to be. I guess the label is way wrong. Records look good though.

So I was surprised when the records were clear and white with pops of blue and yellow.

Same. I absolutely love the packaging and overall presentation of the CT version. Not a big fan of how the records look, though. Mine just look clear with the tiniest tinge of blue and yellow. Like clear pressing reject copies, sorta.

Yours look better than mine. My blue and yellow streaks are minimal.

I finally listened to this on vinyl tonight and it does seem a lot longer than when I listened to it digitally. I love all the songs (except for the closing track, it seems really lazy) but I feel like they could have released an LP and then an EP next year to break it up a little. It could have been a nice surprise and kept money coming in. Just my opinion. Love DIIV nonetheless and I'm still excited about this record.

That's one thing I don't love about double LPs - sometimes the flipping every 3 songs makes it drag out a bit. On the flip side, I've also experienced an album feeling shorter from the same thing. So who knows.

The closing track is one of my favorites.

I guess the descriptions for the Newbury Comics exclusive and the Rough Trade exclusive got mixed up? That pretty much describes my RT copy, which had no hype sticker indicating the colors or exclusivity:

DEiMID8.jpg

That color choice just looks like blah to me. It's not really clear, and has like a yellowish, mucky tone to it.