srcvinyl Blink 182 Reissues - Enema of the State, Dude Ranch, Blink 182 & The Mark Tom Travis Show

5 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Really tempted as it's a double vinyl. When the deluxe comes out, that'll be 4 black variants of this album. I own 2 of them already. 

You have the og 2001 press, right?  I always wondered how they sounded.. same for Dude Ranch and Cheshire.

36 minutes ago, curator said:

You have the og 2001 press, right?  I always wondered how they sounded.. same for Dude Ranch and Cheshire.

Yeah the EU 2001 press, on 140g black. I actually haven't spun it yet haha. I have 49 blink albums, so it takes a while to get through them all... Makes me see how crazy variant collecting is. I've definitely limited myself though.

Edited by [Banned User]

7 hours ago, mmfood said:

Ah alright,  the blue variant I'm picking up tomorrow from bullmoose has a release date of 6/24. Wasn't following this thread at all. Good to know though, will definitely sell the splatter I have

i stupidly forgot tomorrow was Friday, hoping to see this on my doorstep 

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy of the mark tom

and tracks show the other day and after listening to it it made me think about how great the quality is as its a live recording and it got me thinking that it sounds way too polished! Does anyone know the back story of it I'm guessing it wasn't recorded live as it doesn't say where it was recorded or the dates either

34 minutes ago, ode to youth said:

I got my copy of the mark tom

and tracks show the other day and after listening to it it made me think about how great the quality is as its a live recording and it got me thinking that it sounds way too polished! Does anyone know the back story of it I'm guessing it wasn't recorded live as it doesn't say where it was recorded or the dates either

Online it says it was recorded live over 2 nights in Blink's hometown of California in 1999.

Not much more detail than that although I didn't search much.

Edited by TheComebackKid

it was recorded live over two nights of the mark tom and travis show, but then they went back and did a lot of redubbing/overdubbing on toms guitars cause hes a shitty guitar player. other than that its all pretty much live from the show.

i had video of one of the two nights they pulled it from on a VHS back in the day..

Yeah Tom guitar sounds too good for him to be playing live and his singing too. It's a little strange how they didn't just record one live show. Plus all the talking at the end that must have been the talking between songs and they just stuck it in at the end it doesn't really flow too well some parts sound like they're about to play a song or they've just finished one. And as for the crowd cheering between songs that sounds too fake it's too generic you can't hear anyone singing along to any songs or anything it's just girls screaming. I can't really complain too much as far as live albums go it's a pretty good listen in my books 

• 1 month later...

I'm not really understanding the SRC Hi-Fi versions vs. the "regular" SRC variants they list with them..

Do they have two sets of plates for each blink album, one hi-fi and the other something else?

I did a sound comparison between their enema of the state release, "hi-fi" vs. the blue variant they released after and there was literally no difference..