Kanye West - MBDTF 3xLP

I got this right when it came out and my copy has some issues. A lot of ye's vocals are distorted and sound lispy on certain parts. Also, very faintly you can hear the next measure of a song if it's quiet enough... i don't know if that makes sense, but I can only hear it on my sennheisers..

The problem is that the mastering on the vinyl is the same as on the CD, which sucks especially for this record because the CD mastering is TERRRRRIBLE. There's clipping all over the place, and the waveform of every song looks like a solid brick. It goes beyond loudness wars, it's almost like it was intentionally done this way for other reasons, but it sounds absolutely awful.

I got this right when it came out and my copy has some issues. A lot of ye's vocals are distorted and sound lispy on certain parts. Also, very faintly you can hear the next measure of a song if it's quiet enough... i don't know if that makes sense, but I can only hear it on my sennheisers..

both of these can be actual cutting issues, the pre-delay definitely is. i hear it a lot on really loud metal records during the quiet parts, too. and to the folks saying that sibilance is all in recording, that's not entirely true. some minor sibilance problems can be accentuated by cutting the lacquer too hot (which seems to be the case with this release)

both of these can be actual cutting issues, the pre-delay definitely is. i hear it a lot on really loud metal records during the quiet parts, too. and to the folks saying that sibilance is all in recording, that's not entirely true. some minor sibilance problems can be accentuated by cutting the lacquer too hot (which seems to be the case with this release)

thanks for the information

Go see him live. I went to his show in Milwaukee this weekend and it ruled.

i really really want to go to his live shows, dude destroys it live that's for sure.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwHqY9nXdsg&feature=player_embedded

• 3 years later...

This was out of stock everywhere a week or two ago. 

Seems to be back now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D7GU3M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004D7GU3M&linkCode=as2&tag=kersjour-20&linkId=FWEI5WZD3EV6PFDC

Amazon link above but also relatively cheap on Discogs and other sites too.

These are everywhere... I just saw 4 copies at my local Urban Outfitters... I don't think they're running out.

I do find it funny though, that when this first came out they promoted it as being "Limited." My wife (gf at the time) got it for me and was so excited to buy me a "limited record" for me... and now here we are 4 years later and they're everywhere. I always make it a point to be an ass and point them out when we see a copy :)

I do find it funny though, that when this first came out they promoted it as being "Limited." My wife (gf at the time) got it for me and was so excited to buy me a "limited record" for me... and now here we are 4 years later and they're everywhere. I always make it a point to be an ass and point them out when we see a copy :)

Husband of the year

Kanye West doesn't care about vinyl people.

So is Fantasy still only available in 3x10" with a dynamic-less master?

FWIW- the Runaway DVD has awesome sound (like pre-brickwalled to shit mastering).  

Plus he says "what the fuck do I know" in the title song instead of "what the hell to I know".

• 9 months later...