Co-worker got fired for being a pillhead. Took me 30 seconds to figure it out. Turns out managment needed a year and then for him to get hurt on the job.

While he was getting fired he started accusing me of coming to work drunk and then a bunch of us of smoking weed (off the job). I'm gonna laugh really hard ifbi get spoken to about it. I've never been drunk at any job before. This is one of the only jobs where I haven't smoked a shit load of weed at work.

Star Trek in the park was much more fun that I thought it would be.  My friends and I went to a specialty beer store and had some fancy pints.  Not a bad way to spend my Sunday!  I also picked up a Mastodon beer, which I'm kind of excited to drink.  Pretty sure the rest of my night is going to be watching movies and bugging my dog.

Speaking of stupid bullshit, I'm taking an AP World History class. I can't remember what possessed me to do that. 

You have AP in tenth grade? AP is only available to eleventh + at my school. And I was possessed to take 'em because...well, you once called me an overachiever, and I guess I'll go with that.

Co-worker got fired for being a pillhead. Took me 30 seconds to figure it out. Turns out managment needed a year and then for him to get hurt on the job.

While he was getting fired he started accusing me of coming to work drunk and then a bunch of us of smoking weed (off the job). I'm gonna laugh really hard ifbi get spoken to about it. I've never been drunk at any job before. This is one of the only jobs where I haven't smoked a shit load of weed at work.

I could smoke weed at work at my last job in New Orleans. It was so slow. I never had to cut any meat after I went to lunch. If I smoked at my current job id cut my fucking fingers off.

If you like history, I think you should go nuts and take as many history classes as you can.  For general life stuff though, it's useless.  I cannot think of a single time in my adult life where what I learned in history class has been useful.

Not a huge history class guy, but I tend to enjoy learning about history, the books are just too damn dry and boring

You have AP in tenth grade? AP is only available to eleventh + at my school. And I was possessed to take 'em because...well, you once called me an overachiever, and I guess I'll go with that.

This is the only AP they offer to Sophomores. I decided to take it because I've heard how shit college history classes are so if I can avoid them I will. The teacher is also supposed to be pretty good. I know I'm capable of doing it, I'm just generally kind of lazy I guess.

If you like history, I think you should go nuts and take as many history classes as you can.  For general life stuff though, it's useless.  I cannot think of a single time in my adult life where what I learned in history class has been useful.

I opted to take every AP class except history because I felt like I needed a break on at least one core class. It's the most worthless to the profession I want to go into anyway.

I opted to take every AP class except history because I felt like I needed a break on at least one core class. It's the most worthless to the profession I want to go into anyway.

I just figured I'd go ahead and knock it out. That's the only class I'm taking that isn't just the standard level. 

Haven't known where to ask before, can anyone offer some insight? 

Is it better to take a standard class and get a 90-95 or take an honors and only get 80-85? Is the GPA more important or the class weight when applying to a college?

I have no idea what Star Trek in the Park is but I want to go to there. 

It's pretty much what you'd think it is.  A Star Trek episode acted out in a park.  I don't care for Star Trek, but I thought this was a lot of fun.

I would argue that it's worthless for most professions :)  I'm not trying to shit too hard on history class, but it being a requirement seems so asinine to me.

I would argue that it's worthless for most professions :)  I'm not trying to shit too hard on history class, but it being a requirement seems so asinine to me.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like, as much as it's cool information, it's not really necessary for day-to-day life unless you're shooting for something in a history-related/political field.

I was in all honors my freshman year of high school, which turn into AP junior year, but dropped them all. Enjoy high school, fuck studying. Squeak by, enjoy life, working hard can wait until you have a real job (or never like me).

My 2¢

I was in all honors my freshman year of high school, which turn into AP junior year, but dropped them all. Enjoy high school, fuck studying. Squeak by, enjoy life, working hard can wait until you have a real job (or never like me).

My 2¢

Yup.

I took one AP my senior year: psychology. It somehow fulfilled my history requirement... It ended earlier than my other classes by a couple months, so I eventually didn't have to go to it anymore, and my teacher let me eat, and then sleep through it most of the time anyway. I just had to be awake for tests.

The last quarter of my senior year I ended up being at school for like three hours a day maybe? Got to opt out of gym, had to be there by like...3rd period, take a class or two, 3 period long lunch, come back for 2 classes, done.

I went to a Catholic school, who would not let us leave. I did have 3 study halls and didn't do a single assignment the 2nd half of senior year. I still managed to get decent grades, not sure how that worked. I did sleep a lot in class too. I think the teachers gave me good grades since I did ok on tests and didn't cause trouble like most the class. We were the worst class in the history of the school somehow. They fired all the teachers after we left to start fresh, since they could not control my class.

The school was and still is a joke. All they cared about was their LeBron money from ESPN.

I took AP English because I'm a nerd, but it didn't matter one bit.  Class was fun and I still think fondly of the teacher, but I don't think it's made any difference in my life.  Best part of my senior year was that I needed to pass one class to graduate and I only did half days.  I would go home mid-day and take naps or go to work, it was rad. My school didn't allow me to graduate as a junior sadly, otherwise I would have.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic