I opened a box of trading cards last night and pulled a really expensive variant (standard card is worth like $12). Torn between running it in my deck because it's the sexy rare variant of one I am building my deck around, selling it and buying a couple records, or selling it and saving the money. 

Did anyone still need a HT Juturna from the latest round of RPs? I got the orange from last wave with the bonus track so if someone wanted to buy it off of me they can have it for the $12 I paid plus shipping. Figured I'd offer before I go trade it this weekend.

http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/weiss_schwarz_singles-ws_fs_fatestay_night_unlimited_blade_works_volii/invitation_to_london_rin_fss36e048sp_sp_signed_foil_english/541953

technically I could probably charge/get 10% off of this price instead since everyone uses JKTCG to price US singles and this is a lesser known site I use because it's generally cheaper.

Edited by Holo

30 minutes ago, Holo said:

Anyone know of a good Japanese forwarding service? Kizumonogatari OST got pressed and I want it but it'll only ship to a Japanese address 

There are a few people here who live in Japan, you might be able to get them to send it to you. I don't now of any forwarding services. It might also show up on cdjapan of play-asia, which will ship stateside. 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-12196

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

There are a few people here who live in Japan, you might be able to get them to send it to you. I don't now of any forwarding services. It might also show up on cdjapan of play-asia, which will ship stateside. 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-12196

Saw that but I don't  $70 need it. Maybe I'll just pass and see if it shows up direct from Japan on Discogs. As much as I love Monogatari (especially the animation SHAFT handled. The directing and art was amazing) it's still just an OST so I can't imagine I'd  $70 spin it. I'll check amiami first before giving up

5 hours ago, henster311 said:

has anyone ever been disappointed by the performance of one of their favorite bands?

Yes. I once saw The Secret Machines open for Coheed. They weren't great live. They are still one of my favorite bands though, I actually knew of them before Coheed, so when I found out they were opening along with Russian Circles, I was so excited. Meh. Sound was off, vox weren't loud. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

13 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Slowdive fans, is the Blue Day MOV comp worth buying? It appears to be missing a few songs from the actually EPs, which cost a hell of a lot more.

Hell yes it is, I have a copy and it sounds and looks great. All it's missing is 3 tracks, 1 of which is on the first album and another is a syd barrett cover. Sucks it doesn't have Avalyn II but it's way cheaper, it's my favorite release outside of Souvlaki. I got mine for $27 shipped from the UK the day after RSD, was surprised this wasn't a more popular reissue since they only did 2000

2 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

anytime I ever saw them, they were incredible

this was around city by the light divided and geoff was so off, he couldn't spit out the lyrics in time with the music, he'd lose breath and not finish lines and just in general sounded pitchy on the clean parts, I remember being really let down because I was playing their music daily at that point in my life.

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Hell yes it is, I have a copy and it sounds and looks great. All it's missing is 3 tracks, 1 of which is on the first album and another is a syd barrett cover. Sucks it doesn't have Avalyn II but it's way cheaper, it's my favorite release outside of Souvlaki. I got mine for $27 shipped from the UK the day after RSD, was surprised this wasn't a more popular reissue since they only did 2000

I'll add it to my list then. It'd be nice if it was complete though :/.

Edited by Thomas³

I sure wish one of the 20 jobs I applied for this week would at least call/email me. I keep finding awesome apartments online in Omaha for awesome prices, which I assume will be gone by the time I find something. I don't have enough saved to just move then find a job, plus I don't want to burn through my savings.

I sure wish one of the 20 jobs I applied for this week would at least call/email me. I keep finding awesome apartments online in Omaha for awesome prices, which I assume will be gone by the time I find something. I don't have enough saved to just move then find a job, plus I don't want to burn through my savings.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic