4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I think my flu is finally starting to get better. Slept decent last night, and didn't wake up with shivers a millions times. Remind me to get a flu shot next year,

Flu shot only offers protection on 3 to 5 strains in a normal season that usually operates with 60 active strains... not including mid season mutations.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Flu shot only offers protection on 3 to 5 strains in a normal season that usually operates with 60 active strains... not including mid season mutations.

Very true, but it does at least help your body prepare so if you get a flu it is usually a bit milder. This is the worst one I've ever had, and the doctor said it's because I'm actually experiencing the full flu, not a milder strain.

Plus they give them free out at work, so why not?

Edited by Thomas³

A few days into London and I'm sick. Man, I was really looking forward to exploring today. Have a fever and what not, so I'm staying in, making ramen, and watching TV with the lady later. Having such a good time though. I love it here!

Plus I think I've secured a test press of Tertia. Never thought I'd be saying that.

26 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

A few days into London and I'm sick. Man, I was really looking forward to exploring today. Have a fever and what not, so I'm staying in, making ramen, and watching TV with the lady later. Having such a good time though. I love it here!

Plus I think I've secured a test press of Tertia. Never thought I'd be saying that.

outside of the flu everything is coming up Milhouse it seems, glad you are enjoying yourself

50 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Being sick on vacation is the worst. Hopefully it's just something mild. Glad your enjoying yourself Matt.

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Being sick on vacation is the worst.

For sure.  I got this real bad hand infection (in both hands!) when I was in Taiwan.  I was pretty miserable the last few days I was there, but still tried to make the most of it.  The long plane ride was all around terrible due to it though.  Ended up having to go to the ER when I got home, haha.

5 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Thanks, man. Miss you guys! @abovetheearth @The Butcha

<3

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

For sure.  I got this real bad hand infection (in both hands!) when I was in Taiwan.  I was pretty miserable the last few days I was there, but still tried to make the most of it.  The long plane ride was all around terrible due to it though.  Ended up having to go to the ER when I got home, haha.

Damn, that sounds terrible. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to be sick on a flight, or having to run around an airport for a connecting flight.

2 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Miss you too brother. Enjoy it over there for me! Or just move there so I have an excuse to leave this country.

Yes, do this please.

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Damn, that sounds terrible. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to be sick on a flight, or having to run around an airport for a connecting flight

It was pretty bad.  My hands were real swollen and pussy, I couldn't use them very well at all.  I just put a Tim Hecker album on repeat and nodded in and out of terrible sleep for 10 hours.  Then I had to go through customs and take a flight from LAX to here.  Easily the worst travel experience I've had.

1 hour ago, tarzioo_ said:

Oklahoma was due for "crippling" ice storm (quoting the news headline) and we got nothing.  It's crazy because my family all were told not to come in at their jobs and school everywhere closed and even the trash pickup was cancelled and we got nothing.

kinda bummed.

Same thing happened here, except for skipping work. Ours was supposed to happen last Sunday. 

20 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Boooooo (for fever). Hope it passes quickly. Get some Day Nurse down you - that shit is a miracle cure. 

12 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Boooooo (for fever). Hope it passes quickly. Get some Day Nurse down you - that shit is a miracle cure. 

Dude, I slept on and off all day, then slept for fifteen hours last night. I'm a new man. Cold ain't keepin' me down. The lady and I are exploring Hamstead this afternoon. And by the way, we'll have Thursday - Sunday off, so we should get together for pints.

8 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

Oklahoma was due for "crippling" ice storm (quoting the news headline) and we got nothing.  It's crazy because my family all were told not to come in at their jobs and school everywhere closed and even the trash pickup was cancelled and we got nothing.

kinda bummed.

same I had the day off anyways so it just inhibited me from going out and enjoying it, I'm supposed to work today, I don't think anything will happen until tomorrow but we missed the first wave too

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Moshed last night and everything hurts. Some dude was randomly punching people for no reason, hit me, and I completely annihilated him. So that was funny. Twice my size and went down so hard he just left the venue when he got up 

Bigger they are, yada yada yada...... Nice work putting him in his place!

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Bigger they are, yada yada yada...... Nice work putting him in his place!

I'm short, really skinny, and wear girl jeans and makeup. I always look like an easy target to dudes like that. At no point did I stop moshing, even when he punched me in the head.  Which makes it even funnier that he got up and just left.

It's an important lesson to learn. For one, don't go to shows to hurt people but also, don't fuck with the effeminate dude in the pit. Chances are pretty good that dude is used to that shit and will handle it.

46 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm short, really skinny, and wear girl jeans and makeup. I always look like an easy target to dudes like that. At no point did I stop moshing, even when he punched me in the head.  Which makes it even funnier that he got up and just left.

It's an important lesson to learn. For one, don't go to shows to hurt people but also, don't fuck with the effeminate dude in the pit. Chances are pretty good that dude is used to that shit and will handle it.

I've also had to leave places before after a heated situation so I didn't beat someone literally to death...so...be careful out there someday some big jackass may not just leave to avoid jail.

Statistically, I've had to punch a dude once a decade. I'll probably be ok. Also, I see your point and a dude walking around punching girls at a hardcore show is a prime candidate for that.

BUT I had 4 people on their way to drag him outside as soon as they saw him punch me. I was just faster so they stopped to see what he'd do, but he wouldn't have gotten to me again if he had tried. Violence is stupid and so am I...just not THAT stupid.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic