Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

not to rub it in but it was amazing...now if the time could speed up to 6pm so I can get some work done of my horror sleeve, id be golden.

Haha. Tattoo work sounds good too. I just want it to be 5 so I can go home. I'll listen to your records soon, just got my table up. I'll let you know, should get them sent back Saturday.

1 hour ago, The Butcha said:

You're moving to Seattle?? Ima come visit you.

Also 14 year old me would have kicked myself in the ass for missing the AFI show last night.

yeah you totally should!  Or I may try and visit Portland. There is a big tech conference I want to attend and if i can grab a ticket then i'll head down around April.

Is the train from Portland to Seattle pretty decent as far as time goes? i love the train.

57 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

not to rub it in but it was amazing...now if the time could speed up to 6pm so I can get some work done on my horror sleeve, id be golden.

Hey Ryan, Uncle El...Stay Gold

Also, can anyone recommend me to the dealer these postal workers are using while routing packages....

Clipboard01_zps1pecnulq.jpg

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

oh crap, that's the one I sent ya lol

Apparently it went on fucking tour before making it back to SC.... That must be some crazy shit they smoked for it to end up going in such a huge circle to get from asshole to elbow lol

I have an interview on Friday, with another company here at Goodyear. It will be a PC roll out type job, meaning I'll configure and install computers instead of being at a help desk. Sounds a lot more like what I want to do, but I'd still rather not be a contractor here at Goodyear anymore. I'm going to check it out to see what they offer though. It'd be funny if I take it, then have to install a computer for my current supervisor or HR rep.

22 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I have an interview on Friday, with another company here at Goodyear. It will be a PC roll out type job, meaning I'll configure and install computers instead of being at a help desk. Sounds a lot more like what I want to do, but I'd still rather not be a contractor here at Goodyear anymore. I'm going to check it out to see what they offer though. It'd be funny if I take it, then have to install a computer for my current supervisor or HR rep.

Seems like it'd be a step forward either way :)

10 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Meeting up with @lastvaultboy for afternoon pints, then we are going mad record hunting. Then I think we'll be going on VC's first ever double date. Meeting up with our respective lady for dinner and drinks. It's gonna be a damn good day. 

Before that I'm bringing my lady an orange and lime marinated chicken burrito for lunch that I made last night. If that doesn't sum up this relationship perfectly I don't know what does. 

Haha. I've only just seen this! It was a solid day - do we win some sort of first VC double date medal?

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

For sure. I'd much rather do hands on stuff, than sit here on a phone all day with minor "hands on" through remote.

I've never done workstation setup, but I did hands on data center stuff for a while and enjoyed it quite a bit.  All my work is remote now.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm sure your remote stuff is a lot better than mine. I deal with a point of sale software, so most issues are helping idiots cash people out and showing people how to fix their inventory. 

True...  Hopefully the hands on position works out.  Seems like you're overdue for an upgrade!

2 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Out of curiosity, what is the appeal for buying guns? Like, what do you do with them? 

As someone who is pretty strongly against most gun ownership: those motherfuckers are fun as shit to shoot at stuff.

Like, Randy Savage having an AR-15 doesn't worry or bother me, but the availability of guns in general is worrying. If the only guns were like single shot bolt action rifles I'd be like "Well obviously guns are fine"

Sorry, not trying to have a gun debate, but I know I've been vocal about my thoughts on gun control before. It's a really fucking tricky thing. As someone raised around guns I know responsible gun ownership is not only possible but  probably even the norm for gun owners. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic