The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

640.jpg

Con variant, followed by Mondo website/retail exclusive "Harvest Festival" variant in August.

http://www.avclub.com/article/mondo-exclusive-over-garden-wall-soundtrack-coming-239257

Wow.  I haven't been this excited for a Mondo release in a while.  I really hope it's not a pain to get once it goes up online...

Edited by FiggyPuddling

Oh shit, I gotta get one, I can't decide which version I like better though. I might just get my friend to pick up the con version and then maybe I'll get the Web version too for completion sake (since honestly I haven't been interested in most of the scores mondo has put out recently so I might as well go for variant completion on ones I love)

On 7/8/2016 at 6:11 PM, DafTyler said:

I dont really get the hype with OTGW...

I wish i did because the release looks cool.

Have you seen it? I think it's a wonderful miniseries filled with memorable characters, surrealism, beautiful art direction, fantastic music, clever and bizarre writing and a surprisingly poignant and dark finale that re-contextualizes everything you've seen up until that point.

Doesn't really get more hype-worthy than that for a 10-part mini series with 10 minute episodes.

Edited by mellowtooth

Don't know if anyone missed this or what but: https://smile.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B01FJ39CHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468125735&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+knight+trilogy+blu+ray

Picked this up last week and they're just postcard size but still pretty nice. Will probably put these in a box and forget they exist.

2 hours ago, mellowtooth said:

Have you seen it? I think it's a wonderful miniseries filled with memorable characters, surrealism, beautiful art direction, fantastic music, clever and bizarre writing and a surprisingly poignant and dark finale that re-contextualizes everything you've seen up until that point.

Doesn't really get more hype-worthy than that for a 10-part mini series with 10 minute episodes.

Ya the show was decent. Had some strong points, but the music? It fit the show but I seriously cant imagine wanting to ever listen to it.

21 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Ya the show was decent. Had some strong points, but the music? It fit the show but I seriously cant imagine wanting to ever listen to it.

To each their own, I guess. I have a hard time calling OTGW anything but exceptional. Certainly better than "decent".

I'll agree that the music fit more in the context of the show and some of it may be a strange listen on its own, but the score is really what I'm excited about here as it hasn't been available on any form until now and really contains some beautiful stuff.

4 hours ago, marc32137 said:

A friend of mine was in a record shop in Tampa/St. Pete yesterday (didn't give me the name of it) and told me they had all 3 of the Mondo BTTF releases for $60 each. Ugh..

Wow, I know the Zia Records near me have at least a couple of them for like $40 (which isn't awful since online is $35 and at that store it's easy to get 20% off)

21 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

Don't know if anyone missed this or what but: https://smile.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B01FJ39CHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468125735&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+knight+trilogy+blu+ray

Picked this up last week and they're just postcard size but still pretty nice. Will probably put these in a box and forget they exist.

I keep talking myself out of that set. I want the cards but I already have the batpod TDK and the broken mask TDKR special edition blu-rays. Don't really need more copies of the movies. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to ask my friend to try and get me just the Over the Garden Wall OST or that and the Castlevania OST... I feel like my wallet would hate me if I did that since it'll probably be $50 for both... but the Castlevania OST is pretty good...

I'll probably just shoot for both and if I decide Castlevania was a bad choice maybe I'll just sell it

10 hours ago, batman said:

I keep talking myself out of that set. I want the cards but I already have the batpod TDK and the broken mask TDKR special edition blu-rays. Don't really need more copies of the movies. 

I had all the single barebones releases, traded them and got about $20 total for them. They had this priced wrong in store so it was about an even trade for me.