The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Hmm. I didn't realize The Last of Us and Phantasm got repressed. I believe some of those mentioned were retail and/or warehouse leftovers (like Oblivion and The Raid) being put up for sale at the store and some are full on represses (JP and SotD). Aside from one off, short run variants (like Alien and Gravity) I actually think most of the represses are for two reasons; sales demand (like JP and SotD) and licensing. If something sells like hotcakes and Mondo has an option to press more records, they'd probably go for it. Ghibli is notoriously hard/expensive/picky about foreign licensing and Mondo made it pretty clear at the time that they were releasing these comps because that's what was made available to them. I'd be pretty surprised if there was ever an option for a repress involved there.  

Edited by docbronze

17 hours ago, slinch said:

Yeah, looks like they took a break with steelbooks, they haven't made any new announcements since last December, though I've been reading that #17 and #18 will be Avengers and Age of Ultron, done via Blufans from China. Seems to be all but confirmed.

I'll be looking forward to that, hopefully they continue their releases through Target here in the US. Makes it much easier

1 hour ago, docbronze said:

I've never seen this. Looks like I'd better give it a look/listen.

I can't recommend Over The Garden Wall enough.  It was Cartoon Network's first "mini-series."  The animation, music, story, and well... pretty much everything about it is just so good.  You can knock the whole thing out in about 2 hours.

38 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I can't recommend Over The Garden Wall enough.  It was Cartoon Network's first "mini-series."  The animation, music, story, and well... pretty much everything about it is just so good.  You can knock the whole thing out in about 2 hours.

And it's got Christopher Lloyd and Elija Wood.

54 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

12 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

And it's got Christopher Lloyd and Elija Wood.

And it has potatoes and molasses man you can't beat that

Ordered the Darling soundtrack and a few older releases this morning and just received shipping notification! Woohoo. Heard the sampler for darling and very excited to hear this in its entirety next week. 

I suggest if you enjoyed the insidious soundtrack and/or eery dissonance to check this out. It's worth your time.

4 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

Ordered the Darling soundtrack and a few older releases this morning and just received shipping notification! Woohoo. Heard the sampler for darling and very excited to hear this in its entirety next week. 

I suggest if you enjoyed the insidious soundtrack and/or eery dissonance to check this out. It's worth your time.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence on this one. I'm not terribly into this or VVitch or Insidious. Not that it's bad music - quite the contrary - just not the kind of score that I normally listen to with regularity.