Average $ spent on your vinyl.

You dumb piece of shit why would you waste your money when you can easily buy productive things that an apartment so you can get out of your white trash whore bag of a mothers house, almost 4,200 you spent on worthless plastic, why don't you get a job you fucking loser.

Vinyl is a better investment than gold. ok not really, but I have been able to live months at a time only on selling parts of my collection. They have paid rent, paid insurance, paid court fees, fed me, gotten me laid, put clothes on my back, put gas in my car, and so on. Also, how does one buy an apartment? or better yet, why would you buy an apartment? your racist, chauvinistic, comments confuse me. 

You dumb piece of shit why would you waste your money when you can easily buy productive things that an apartment so you can get out of your white trash whore bag of a mothers house, almost 4,200 you spent on worthless plastic, why don't you get a job you fucking loser.

youre-a-bad-troll-and-you-should-feel-ba

Is it sad the I keep a spreadsheet of exactly how much I've spent on my entire collection?

I'm just as sad although I don't record what I have spent, perhaps I should have but it would probably scare the shit out of me.

I have exported my Discogs collection into a spreadsheet that I keep updated, 1 for my own sanity to stop me buying more than one copy of stuff and 2 for the insurance man who I've worked out the Discogs value of my collection for but that's a moving target.

I know I now roughly spend about £300 ($450) a month on vinyl but that budget has been up and down like a yoyo over the years.

It's under Collection.  On the right above your collection, there are four icons for viewing options.  Text with statistics will give you the potential values.  It's based on their market place, so releases that haven't ever been sold have no information in terms of worth.

It's an easy way to ballpark what you're collection is worth (if you already have your collection cataloged with discogs).

Bugger! I wish I'd known that was there, I spent bloody ages adding in the values and working out what market value really was when I catalogued it all, I had around 5000 records then so it was quite a mission and to be honest pointless as it keeps changing. The irony being I couldn't give a toss what the monetary value of my collection is, I did it so its properly covered by the house insurance.

So I think I'll say it again, bugger! there I fell better now.

Anyway average I pay now for a new LP is around £14 ($21), that seems to work out about right for walking into a shop here or buying one overseas and factoring in the shipping.

why don't you stop being a stereotypical black father and think about other people, why would you spend all of your money on vinyl when you can either support yourself or others you dumb ignorant assholes, why would you fuck tards think that vinyl collecting is a good source of money spending.

LOL. Didn't you wait on me at 7-11 this morning? Pretty sure that was you. I understand your concerns about how we spend our money since you make $8 an hour. Please learn the difference between commas and periods. Question marks are also appreciated when applicable, but you probably don't know how to use those either. The French Vanilla Roast is almost out so if you could go get another pot brewing that would be great.

FYI, spending all your money on speakers, drops, and spinna's isn't a good investment either. You'll learn one day Slim.

Seriously? I think my wife has sex with me less because of our records. Maybe it's the things I ask her to do involving records.  :o

haha well with my lady now, but shes into them as much as I am so it works out :) stuff involving records? you have expanded my mind good sir!!!! I remember reading some post on here a while back about a guy ordering a girl off craigslist, and while they were doing the biz, he got up to flip the record over haha. I can only imagine a girl's reaction to that, especially when they more than likely ask you..."records? they still make those?"

I'm at about 130 total discs, total spent may be around 1k. That being said I rode the BB horse into the ground and probably even a little further than that, and I haven't made any actual purchases in maybe 5-6 months (full time school atm). Been pretty lucky otherwise and made some considerable money back selling what I don't need. I think right now I'm in a phase of evaluating my progress of about a year of collecting and deciding where to go with it once I find a new job and considering that I may be in a dorm/apartment a year from now.

At the moment I have just about 450 records or thereabouts. Quick maths = probably about £800 in 2013 (guess that's about $1300). That includes a trip to the US where I bought way more vinyl than I would have in that time at home. Trying to work out how much spent since I started collecting - probably maximum of £3000 ($5000)? That's over 12 years or so though.

I use one of the open fields on discogs to log the price I pay for every record, so it's easy to do an export and get a total. I feel like I've been patient and scored lots of deals that have kept my cost to value ratio pretty good over the years.

Total Cost: $16,251.23

Total Average Worth: $29,674.90 (This number excludes 250 records from my collection with no sales history

Value Ratio: 1.83

If I didn't regularly sell off valuable stuff I've found for cheap that I wasn't too interested in, I'd definitely be over 2.

Good lord no clue.  I got around 1200 records, a lot are from used bins so 1-5 bucks or so a piece, but easily 500 or so were brand new and we all know how overpriced most of those are.  Been a 14 year collection process so at least it's been spread out. 

I have a spreadsheet, but nothing about prices.

Seriously? I think my wife has sex with me less because of our records. Maybe it's the things I ask her to do involving records. :o

Fun fact: I started talking to my girlfriend because we had similar tastes in music and hit it off from there. One night, at a party at my house, I got her up to my room by asking her, "Want to see my record collection?" And the rest is history.