shit people say that you can't stand

"Cool beans" - what the fuck, is it the 90's still? Who still says that?

giphy.gif

This is what my mind immediately goes to any time someone says it. I feel like the phrase is nothing without the reference

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate the way people relate anecdotes online these days.

>be me when I was 22

>just finishing up college

>realize after all these years of education, still can't write a basic structured narrative

>be's functionally illiterate

you mean using a list?

Seems like it's mostly a stupid reddit/4chan thing. I also hate it.

> Be VC user in early 20's

> Not understand meme unrelated to them

> Complain about it on VC

> circlejerk.jpg

Since the shit is posted here from time to time, I'd call it valid. It's annoying and stupid - like the people who will quote or respond to a large amount of text with "tl;dr." That's great; someone took the time to compose a complete thought. Read if you want to. Don't read it if you don't want to. Being a child about it is dumb.

I don't understand you youngsters and your internetting ways. What passes for "wit" is usually very stupid to me.

A few women I work with love to have conversations outside of my office.  I wouldn't care, but they whisper talk which is annoying as fuck and not necessary.  I can still hear everything they say, which is twice as annoying.  I don't mind a full volume annoying conversation, but the whispering shit sends me over the edge.  I want to punch them all in the throat so they have a reason to have to whisper.

I guess this strays from the topic a bit, but had to vent somewhere.

After every damn sentence this dude ends it with "you know what I mean.." as to justify that every thing he says is in fact correct, or knows what the hell he is talking about. SHUT THE HELL UP, NO I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!

Shoot. That doesn't seem too bad; you know what I mean?

"To be honest" gets to me.

When I was a kid my dad told me about how when he was a shoes salesman, one of his co-workers would constantly say "to be honest" or "if I'm being honest with you" when trying to sell shoes. Like, what, you weren't being honest with me before you said that? The guy didn't sell very many shoes.

You shouldn't have to preface honest thoughts with "to be honest." Just... be honest.

"To be honest" gets to me.

When I was a kid my dad told me about how when he was a shoes salesman, one of his co-workers would constantly say "to be honest" or "if I'm being honest with you" when trying to sell shoes. Like, what, you weren't being honest with me before you said that? The guy didn't sell very many shoes.

You shouldn't have to preface honest thoughts with "to be honest." Just... be honest.

I automatically assume someone is lying if they say that.

• 4 weeks later...