PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Fk it just gonna buy the black copy and be glad i have a copy if this and ampu

Exactly. I'm honestly just glad there are pressings of these albums that are affordable. I got the gold copy of deloused in a few days ago and honestly, official or not or whatever the story is. It sounds great to me and would much rather have this than the OP silver picture disc.

That explains the GSL part. I can't find the gold one anywhere, but I distinctly remember pictures of it existing. I don't even know why this is an issue; just look at the liner notes on the MOV release. It's legit and licensed. The band didn't know. That's the end of it.

How can the band not know if it's licensed from them? They own the rights to De-Loused now, Frances, and Amp this year.

Basically, MOV (regardless of colour) is a legit pressing, approved by those that have the right to approve such things, etc, etc.  (Apparently) it's the best sounding pressing to date, but it's not a "remaster" in the sense that Cedric and Co are talking about.  Clearly Cedric and Omar were not consulted on this MOV pressing, but depending on the details of who has what rights to the music, they likely didn't need to be involved (legally).

SO, they're doing their own remaster/release, which is fine.  Bear in mind that the Tremulant remaster that they did sounds like shit....

Has there ever been a remaster that sounds better than the original? Just curious. Might be a good thread, but probably not because i can not think of one.

Tons.

Pretty much anything remastered post-2010 in fact.  Before that it was a little more hit and miss, to be fair, but still the majority of remasters were better.

Wait a sec, the band is gonna re release their own versions of all of Volta stuff?! Fuck balls that is exciting an also means I'm gonna have to buy ANOTHER copy of their albums?

Yes, but:

Bear in mind that the Tremulant remaster that they did sounds like shit....

So... I'll wait to hear it before I bite.

It'd be nice if we could get some sort of response from MOV to clarify this a little.

One of the guys responding to his rants is from MOV, I think. The guy who told him to check the EU distro rights.

To anyone worried, this is a classic case of the artist NOT having complete control of all rights. Universal obviously had the rights to EU distribution and the leased those rights to MOV. As someone else explained, Cedric, legally, may not have had to be involved/informed/consulted in ANY way. So therefore he may not know. MOV is a legit company that does everything legally according to the rights holders of the music they put out. If they were sketchy in any way they would risk losing all any pressing rights, and business is booming, so they wouldn't do that.

Calm down. It was discussed previously IN THIS VERY THREAD about Nadie's intention to repress all the Volta material. Bottom line:

GSL picture disc -legit

MOV gold/silver/black -legit

Nadiesound (future) -legit

Bullcrap bootleg- Cedric is pissed at you and hates you so go fuck yourself for buying counterfeit records.

MOV have released these both in Europe and the USA, so whoever owns the rights must have leased them to MOV for both markets. So unless Cedric is completely unhinged (which is possible), the band do not have the rights to them in either market. To me this makes a Nadiesound release unlikely unless whoever does owns the rights is extremely greedy (again very possible).

This may be an overly simplistic view of the market so feel free to correct me if you know more.