Cancelled (TV) Shows You Wish Would Come Back

My fav tv show ever. Season 1 is perfect. Been contemplating changing last name to Taylor. So if I ever have a kid ill name him Coach Eric Taylor. (Jk) but i thought about it

I hate that it got cancelled but it's like seeing Smash Williams as a doctor on Grey's Anatomy now

Also, The Killing should absolutely come back for a 4th season. How that took a back seat to other AMC shows is ridiculous!

I hear Netflix will be picking this up to do the fourth season. I feel like this show should have ended after season 2 but they can't just do season 3 now and leave it with that ending.

I hear Netflix will be picking this up to do the fourth season. I feel like this show should have ended after season 2 but they can't just do season 3 now and leave it with that ending.

The Killing should have been cancelled after the first episode, show is frustratingly bad. :)

I would have liked it if Delocated got another season.

Edit : Just though of a few more that no one's mentioned.

Lonestar : The only two episodes that aired were excellent, I wish it would have at least gotten a full season.

Enlisted : Probably the only new network show this year that I thought was really funny.  FOX kind of mucked up the airing order and started it on Friday nights, so it was doomed from the start really.

MST3K : I know it lives on in other incarnations, but I miss the bots.  Joel mentioned that he's interested in relaunching it in someway, I'd like to see that happen.

This is going to be a controversial opinion, but fuck Firefly coming back. I really hope it never happens. I loved it when it was new and when it came out on DVD I got a bunch of people to watch it. I wish it had gotten more seasons, but at this point it's too far gone. A TV show is just something that can't come back after a certain point. Even if they got the cast it'd be almost impossible to get the entire creative team back. Just look at Community, it lost it's showrunner and a bunch of writers in season 4 and became an embarrassing shell of what it was. Sure, they got back on track for season 5, but that was a fluke and a testament to how strong Dan Harmon's creative vision can be.

For the most part TV shows are a product of their time and their magic is just something that can't be reproduced. Arrested Development seasons 1-3 is my favorite TV show ever. I was ecstatic to see it come back last year. I had watched it from day one and DEMANDED it come back for years. In the end I enjoyed season 4 and appreciated what it was able to do with the format (punchlines coming several episodes before their setup and stuff like that), but the magic just wasn't there. It was painfully obvious they weren't able to get the actors in the same place at the same time for most of it and it really suffered for that.

I just don't think Firefly coming back would work at all. I'm glad we got the season we did and wish it had gone on for a few more years. But now it's over and done. I enjoy most of Joss Whedon's work, but find him far from infallible. Futurama was another show I watched from the beginning and always wanted more of. When it finally did come back I was grateful, enjoyed seeing the characters again, but overall was left a little underwhelmed. The writing just wasn't as strong and I know it's because they didn't get a lot of their writers back.

Of course, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I strongly believe more Clone High could work. The series ended in such a way that the characters could be bought into the present day completely logically. Plus voice actors aging doesn't affect the way the characters will look. Since it's animated the whole cast could be brought back without having to worry about scheduling. Miller & Lord are super busy being successful directors, but they've said they're open to the idea of Clone High. Bill Lawrence isn't too busy and him Miller/Lord were the main creative force behind it. I want to believe it could work. Of course I believed the same thing about Futurama and Arrested Development, but who knows. I mean, how hard could it be to update a high school melodrama parody starring historical figures? Ok, now Gandhi has a fucking tumblr or some shit.

Hello, my name is Kevin and I care and think way too much about television shows. I've also been drinking, but not enough to keep me from typing shit on the internet.

Show was really funny.  I feel like that it was the good version of 2 Broke Girls (which is complete garbage).

I agree completely. I really wish Apt 23 and Happy Endings had kept going, but I guess ABC wanted some Modern Family ratings. I think my favorite thing about Apt 23 was learning the creator was a former showrunner for American Dad and immediately realizing Chloe was just a human and female Roger.

The worst part about 2 Broke Girls is the leads are likable and have enough chemistry to be good for a well written non-garbage show.

I agree completely. I really wish Apt 23 and Happy Endings had kept going, but I guess ABC wanted some Modern Family ratings. I think my favorite thing about Apt 23 was learning the creator was a former showrunner for American Dad and immediately realizing Chloe was just a human and female Roger.

The worst part about 2 Broke Girls is the leads are likable and have enough chemistry to be good for a well written non-garbage show.

I'm excited about Marry Me, creator of Happy Endings plus Casey Wilson and Ken Marino.  I'm guessing it won't make it more than a few seasons, but they'll probably be a few good seasons.

I know the Apt 23 creator had a pilot for this season, but I can't remember if it got picked up or not (or what it was called).

I'm excited about Marry Me, creator of Happy Endings plus Casey Wilson and Ken Marino.  I'm guessing it won't make it more than a few seasons, but they'll probably be a few good seasons.

I didn't even know this existed but I am completely sold on it now. Of course, you can put an alum of The State in anything and I'll at least give it a shot.

The Killing should have been cancelled after the first episode, show is frustratingly bad. :)

I would have liked it if Delocated got another season.

Edit : Just though of a few more that no one's mentioned.

Lonestar : The only two episodes that aired were excellent, I wish it would have at least gotten a full season.

Enlisted : Probably the only new network show this year that I thought was really funny. FOX kind of mucked up the airing order and started it on Friday nights, so it was doomed from the start really.

MST3K : I know it lives on in other incarnations, but I miss the bots. Joel mentioned that he's interested in relaunching it in someway, I'd like to see that happen.

Lonestar getting cancelled pissed me off. That show had a great concept!

This is going to be a controversial opinion, but fuck Firefly coming back. I really hope it never happens. I loved it when it was new and when it came out on DVD I got a bunch of people to watch it. I wish it had gotten more seasons, but at this point it's too far gone. A TV show is just something that can't come back after a certain point. Even if they got the cast it'd be almost impossible to get the entire creative team back. Just look at Community, it lost it's showrunner and a bunch of writers in season 4 and became an embarrassing shell of what it was. Sure, they got back on track for season 5, but that was a fluke and a testament to how strong Dan Harmon's creative vision can be.

For the most part TV shows are a product of their time and their magic is just something that can't be reproduced. Arrested Development seasons 1-3 is my favorite TV show ever. I was ecstatic to see it come back last year. I had watched it from day one and DEMANDED it come back for years. In the end I enjoyed season 4 and appreciated what it was able to do with the format (punchlines coming several episodes before their setup and stuff like that), but the magic just wasn't there. It was painfully obvious they weren't able to get the actors in the same place at the same time for most of it and it really suffered for that.

I just don't think Firefly coming back would work at all. I'm glad we got the season we did and wish it had gone on for a few more years. But now it's over and done. I enjoy most of Joss Whedon's work, but find him far from infallible. Futurama was another show I watched from the beginning and always wanted more of. When it finally did come back I was grateful, enjoyed seeing the characters again, but overall was left a little underwhelmed. The writing just wasn't as strong and I know it's because they didn't get a lot of their writers back.

Of course, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I strongly believe more Clone High could work. The series ended in such a way that the characters could be bought into the present day completely logically. Plus voice actors aging doesn't affect the way the characters will look. Since it's animated the whole cast could be brought back without having to worry about scheduling. Miller & Lord are super busy being successful directors, but they've said they're open to the idea of Clone High. Bill Lawrence isn't too busy and him Miller/Lord were the main creative force behind it. I want to believe it could work. Of course I believed the same thing about Futurama and Arrested Development, but who knows. I mean, how hard could it be to update a high school melodrama parody starring historical figures? Ok, now Gandhi has a fucking tumblr or some shit.

Hello, my name is Kevin and I care and think way too much about television shows. I've also been drinking, but not enough to keep me from typing shit on the internet.

I also appreciated that arrested development came back but you're very right about season 4. I think the problem for me was that the whole family was split up to tell each individual story but part of the charm is seeing them interact with each other. Idk, they did a lot of build up for the movie so I'm waiting very anxiously for that