PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

isn't the band the first ones to get paid when it comes to these things.  didn't they get paid for their publishing and license rights when they signed with the label. 

if your broke get a job.

can't get a job, learn a skill, go back to school, or start shaking what yo momma gave you.

these labels front all the cash for recording, touring, advertising, press, merch, etc etc etc and then in the end they look like the bad guys.

most bands think the hard work is over once they sign the record deal... instead of seeing it like "Hey! We have real jobs now! Let's go work and make some money for our company and we can make money too!" they think they won the fucking lottery or something and then get upset when money doesn't magically appear in their pockets

Lol at Jason Tate on absolute punk

Respect the band. If I'm a label and the band is upset I'm selling and profiting off their music without their consent -- I'd pull the release and respect the artist.

That's just me, but I think the band's wishes are where I'll always default."

So ETR should just eat an entire pressing?

Basically my thoughts on the matter. Sounds like Cartel tried to pull the plug when the pressing was already too far gone to go back.

Should Enjoy the Ride pull out and cater to the bands miscommunication and take a substantial financial loss? 

That seems like the question that people have their own interpretations of. I'm sure Ross dropped mad money and effort for this release, so the outcome of the situation was up to his discretion. 

Backing Enjoy the Ride. 

solution: Press you own stuff. Rehashing  old pop punk from major labels is a bogus way to sell records. ETR is more like a copying machine than a label. Take an old ass cd, put it on big colorful format, pay the major (who likely doesn't give a shit about the band in the first place) press 500 copies at Pirates Press=profit.

It may be monetarily beneficial to run a "label" like this. But it's far from an actual label. To think that this guy makes money off this horseshit is depressing. Is there really that little of a demand for new music?  Instead of paying licencing fee's he could pay for an awesome band to hit the studio and put out a great new record at a reasonable price. 

also lol at folks that think the bands get paid first when they sign to a major. most bands leave majors in major debt. On the flipside should a label own the rights of a release that they advance recording, touring, promotional and numerous other cost's? Hell yes. Otherwise all labels would not for profit ventures.  I know most people here don't know anything me or my label. But we retain rights for 5 years, or until the album recoups, whichever comes later, and then revert it back to the band (if they want to). 

Also Fuck Absolute punk and the douche fucker that runs that place.

Like Scott said also, licencing original recordings from bands works out great for all parties involved as well. Especially nowadays. 

solution: Press you own stuff. Rehashing  old pop punk from major labels is a bogus way to sell records. ETR is more like a copying machine than a label. Take an old ass cd, put it on big colorful format, pay the major (who likely doesn't give a shit about the band in the first place) press 500 copies at Pirates Press=profit.

It may be monetarily beneficial to run a "label" like this. But it's far from an actual label. To think that this guy makes money off this horseshit is depressing. Is there really that little of a demand for new music?  Instead of paying licencing fee's he could pay for an awesome band to hit the studio and put out a great new record at a reasonable price. 

also lol at folks that think the bands get paid first when they sign to a major. most bands leave majors in major debt. On the flipside should a label own the rights of a release that they advance recording, touring, promotional and numerous other cost's? Hell yes. Otherwise all labels would not for profit ventures.  I know most people here don't know anything me or my label. But we retain rights for 5 years, or until the album recoups, whichever comes later, and then revert it back to the band (if they want to). 

Like Scott said also, licencing original recordings from bands works out great for all parties involved as well. Especially nowadays. 

hrvrd

Are you kidding? Most big labels want nothing to do with pressing albums from bands 10 years ago because it takes A LOT of work. So in comes labels like ETR that do all the footwork and make it possible for people that want these albums and the major labels don't have to do shit, except take the paycheck from these labels. If you think the idea of this is that stupid, you should probably go find another forum  

Are you kidding? Most big labels want nothing to do with pressing albums from bands 10 years ago because it takes A LOT of work. So in comes labels like ETR that do all the footwork and make it possible for people that want these albums and the major labels don't have to do shit, except take the paycheck from these labels. If you think the idea of this is that stupid, you should probably go find another forum  

if the new forum you find has more cat gifs please let me know.