Brand New - Deja Entendu

Sorry for wanting a direct site. Forgot how friendly everyone on this site is. Now I remember why I never post.

Sorry you want people to do things for you...

I literally googled "deja entendu vinyl" and there are so many options. Fucking Barnes and Nobles has a PO up for it for fucks sake lol.

Hey guys,

I've never gone early on an RSD before but am planning on going as early as necessary to snag this on Saturday. Can anyone with experience/greater knowledge than me offer advice on a safe time to arrive in advance to give myself the best shot? The store I'm headed to opens at 8am.

Thanks!

6am

Well when I googled it, Triple Crown, Amazon, and Brand New's site came up and all are out of stock. But hey thanks, you're awesome.

Don't be a dick because you don't know how to google, or hell, even go back a few fucking pages to see where else it's been posted.  No, instead, ask someone to do it for you, and get mad when someone calls you out on BULLSHIT.

We now return to our regularly scheduled asshole.

being a dismissive dick doesn't exactly fall under the category of making people happy

aw you poor guy. You should have asked them to write down a list of your wants, and call you right back when they found out exactly what they get. Record store employees love that around RSD and dealing with entitled pricks all for the tune of minimum wage. A local shop near me doesn't participate in RSD purely so he doesn't have to deal with the crybaby RSD crowd calling and calling and calling and people getting mad that he didn't receive certain items or doesn't know if he will get certain items even 2 days before, all like every aspect of any bad time had associated with RSD is his fault. 

If you really want it, go the night before and camp out. Make an experience out of it. Bribe your friends to come with you. Shoot the breeze with everyone else that lines up. Bring a book, bring a game, bring snacks. Enjoy it.

If you don't feel like doing that, show up a few hours early and risk not getting it. 

I'm considering how early ill have to show up to get this, 3am has always been a good idea. I've been first second and third in line when I get to reckless on Broadway at 3. I'm just wondering how insane the BN fans will be in Chicago.

From my point of view the insanity is strong with all of you guys in the US :) People over here either are way too lazy to get up in the middle of the night or just not as dedicated. I'll be at my store an hour before opening (workin' there) and would be quite suprised if people already lined up.

If you really want it, go the night before and camp out. Make an experience out of it. Bribe your friends to come with you. Shoot the breeze with everyone else that lines up. Bring a book, bring a game, bring snacks. Enjoy it.

If you don't feel like doing that, show up a few hours early and risk not getting it. 

Thanks for the advice!

I'm considering how early ill have to show up to get this, 3am has always been a good idea. I've been first second and third in line when I get to reckless on Broadway at 3. I'm just wondering how insane the BN fans will be in Chicago.

3am is around the time I was thinking as well. My strategy is to go to a less popular store that I've confirmed will have it. Fingers crossed!

I am still amazed that people are lining up overnight for a record that is coming out in three weeks.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm personally lining up for the extras that are exclusive to the RSD release.