MAN ADVICE v2.0

Had an unexpected Halloween.  I went over to a friend's place, we had dinner and watched Beetlejuice.  I got home around 11 and decided I wanted to go grab a drink.  I went to a bar that's about a ten minute walk from my place and ran into a girl I know.  She was with a very cute girl that I kind of hit it off with.  We ended up going to a small house party.  I ended up walking cute girl home and getting her phone number.  Going to try and get in touch with her tomorrow and hope for the best.  Glad I went out and even if nothing comes of that, I still had a pretty good night.  Only crummy thing is I'm on call this coming week, so it'll be hard for me to do really do anything, but I'll just lug my computer with me if it comes to it.

Had an unexpected Halloween.  I went over to a friend's place, we had dinner and watched Beetlejuice.  I got home around 11 and decided I wanted to go grab a drink.  I went to a bar that's about a ten minute walk from my place and ran into a girl I know.  She was with a very cute girl that I kind of hit it off with.  We ended up going to a small house party.  I ended up walking cute girl home and getting her phone number.  Going to try and get in touch with her tomorrow and hope for the best.  Glad I went out and even if nothing comes of that, I still had a pretty good night.  Only crummy thing is I'm on call this coming week, so it'll be hard for me to do really do anything, but I'll just lug my computer with me if it comes to it.

If only I was able to do stuff like that, at least know the basics on talking to other ladies and getting numbers. I just have never "hit it off" with anyone before. I just feel so hopeless when it comes to talking with girls.

i've developed a legit crush on a girl at work. she's such a babe.. and her style is so badass. she mostly works overnights, so we've had very limited interactions. but i've been trying to make more conversation lately, and we just realized that we live a street away from each other. so now i just need to use that as, what should be, a really easy excuse to hang out.

I was talking to a girl at a bar about tinder. She was like "watch this!" And proceeded to swipe right and immediately get a match for every single guy. Then she was like "Oh shit now they're all messaging me"

I downloaded it for shits and giggles. Now I've got two dates for when I'm back in town in a couple weeks. Assuming they're still interested, but as of now they're totally down.

If only I was able to do stuff like that, at least know the basics on talking to other ladies and getting numbers. I just have never "hit it off" with anyone before. I just feel so hopeless when it comes to talking with girls.

It gets easier. I have such a hard time talking to even dudes I don't know. I try to very quickly find something mutual to discuss.

I am the absolute worst person at faking being interested in a conversation, or faking enthusiasm.  Without coming off as a douchebag, when I go out, girls do quite often approach me without me going to them, just to talk or whatever, and I have the hardest time not coming off like an asshole to them, because I'm usually just not interested in whatever they're saying, and I can't fake being into a conversation.  And it's not just girls, I'm the same way with guys.  However, when I'm into a conversation, it's the opposite.  I get super into it and enthusiastic about stuff, and could talk for days on end.  But that's rare, because it only really happens when the conversation is about music, hockey, or as I found out the other night, racism, misogyny, and other things that the majority of people like to pretend don't exist.  

So there's this girl that I have talked to a couple times but it's only been over social media (Yik Yak & Twitter). Is there anything I can do to maybe get her number? She has expressed interest in seeing a couple movies on twitter and I want to take her to one

Boss up and ask her to a movie.

What is Yik Yak? HOW OLD AM I JESUS CHRIST

But yeah, just ask her to a movie. I say this as someone who has let their crippling fear of rejection screw up a LOOOOOOOOOT of chances with girls. If you're only talking on social media the best part is the rejection won't even be to your face!

i feel like i'm hard to be taken seriously in here because i'm seemingly talking about someone else every week. but when things go as consistently awry as they do, can you really blame me for keeping my options open???

so i've talked about this girl a few times. used to work with her. had a big ol' crush. she had a boyfriend the whole time. until they broke up, and she decided she was moving to jersey. and then i confessed everything on her last day of work/day before she moved.

that girl.

had an extra ticket for kevin devine the other night, and invited her, knowing she had the day off. we were early, so we caught happy hour nearby, which involved 2 beers & 2 shots each. followed by more drinks during the (amazing) show. which lead to touchy-feely/head on the shoulder/hand holding during the show. which lead to making out on the sidewalk. and in the cab. and on the train. and then lots and lots of sex throughout the night and into the morning. and somewhere in the middle of all of that she bought me pizza.

it sure was swell.

but there's something about her, something i simply cannot put my finger on, that reminds me of my ex. i can draw similarities, and they're mostly superficial (i think), but none of them really stand out as *the* thing. 

have i become afraid of commitment to the point where i'm looking for excuses while i'm still laying in bed with someone? 

So there's this girl that I have talked to a couple times but it's only been over social media (Yik Yak & Twitter). Is there anything I can do to maybe get her number? She has expressed interest in seeing a couple movies on twitter and I want to take her to one

i asked a girl out over twitter once. we dated (distantly) for 6 months.

What the hell is yik yak. Also I'm amazed that it took me a week to get completely over a girl that I was hung up on for almost a year. BEST FEELING EVER. Saw her at a party over the weekend and it didn't even phase me. She was drunk and she tried to get all "sorry things didn't work out blah blah blah" and I just walked away and shotgunned a beer with friends and a smile on my face.

What the hell is yik yak. Also I'm amazed that it took me a week to get completely over a girl that I was hung up on for almost a year. BEST FEELING EVER. Saw her at a party over the weekend and it didn't even phase me. She was drunk and she tried to get all "sorry things didn't work out blah blah blah" and I just walked away and shotgunned a beer with friends and a smile on my face.

Dope.

It took me like a week to get over my girlfriend of 4 years. That made me feel pretty shitty, but now I'm kinda stoked on being single.  I mean, it's gonna be fucked up when I finally get out of here but that's different.

What is Yik Yak? HOW OLD AM I JESUS CHRIST

I don't even know what YikYak is.

Haha, Yik Yak is an app where you pretty much tweet to your surrounding area of like 10 miles but nobody knows it's you so it's anonymous. I only got this girls twitter because we were talking back and forth on there and we ended up exchanging twitter usernames