MAN ADVICE v2.0

I don't drink // really don't enjoy bars and I'm out of college and I work from home.  I don't know how to meet other people anymore.  The only times I ever really interact with people that I'm attracted to is when they are working or I'm at a show and I don't find either to be appropriate places to try to make friends / etc.

Loving the sarcasm. But really I didn't mean to "shame"anyone (if that's how your interpreting it). I can't help but see a pattern here with all the flakes he's encountering. I have nothing against internet dating, by all MEANS use everything you can.

I've known a lot of people who look down on internet dating really harshly. They always say things like "Cant you just meet people in real life?" Internet dating is the most feasible for a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Sorry to use your post to get my comment out. I see a lot of that shit in places where I can't call it out.

i dated from the internet back in the day. no catfishing. long phone calls and snail mail. this one girl and i sent tapes every week, we were at two different colleges. 75 miles apart. her family looked down on how we met that pressured into leaving me. i was being used anyhow. i can still feel her scars. shes a dr. now. saw her on an elevator when my wife (nurse) and i were all three on an elevator at the hospital. so strange. i laughed, i do that when im uncomfortable.

that difference was i would spend 3-4 months talking to them, building that trust and building something as i dont have time for games. i never even saw pics until i saw them. i find ppl interesting.

its all timing,

all it comes down to is the pressure. assuming internet dating is different that app dating. based solely on looks...but isnt that how most dates work when going up to them in a bar or anywhere else? fuck it. all i know is that when you find the one, youll know. itll be so obvious.

Was at the bar this weekend. A girl I used to work with walked up to me and said, "You have a girlfriend, right?"

I say yes.

"Dammit, okay, bye!"

LOL. This same girl was awkwardly rubbing my back at a house party over the summer when her boyfriend was at the same party, in the same conversation. It was possibly the most awkward thing of my life. Meanwhile, the girl I was seeing at the time that I am now dating was there. (She thought it was funny).

This girl then proceeded to tell me that ever since we worked together, she "thought we would hook up at some point". Sorry, but nope!

They instituted a new "superlike" feature that you get to use once a day.  It will notify the person that you liked them before they have the chance to like/dislike you.

I was tempted to use this on a local indy-famous girl that pops up sometimes. Had no idea what it did though, kind of glad I passed.

You know, I'd think I'd like to try Tinder once.  Just to see it and understand it better, I hear so much about it. I mean, I kind of get the gist basically but it seems... interesting?

I dunno. Doesn't really but I can't quite imagine how it works exactly. It seems a little foreign to me. 

You know, I'd think I'd like to try Tinder once.  Just to see it and understand it better, I hear so much about it. I mean, I kind of get the gist basically but it seems... interesting?

I dunno. Doesn't really but I can't quite imagine how it works exactly. It seems a little foreign to me.

Tinder is very interesting for sure. You see a series of pictures. Swipe left for a nopeee swipe right for a yeppp. If she also swipes right on you then it's a 'match'. Then you can talk to this person. Half the time they still don't respond. Sometimes they do. It's a weird world we live in.

You know, I'd think I'd like to try Tinder once. Just to see it and understand it better, I hear so much about it. I mean, I kind of get the gist basically but it seems... interesting?

It's neither interesting nor complicated. At the very least it's a tool you can use in the morning while you take a dump to remind yourself how awful people are. Like a misanthropic toothbrush.

Though, the barrier to entry is no greater than the post you made, so have at it.

I started talking to a girl from tinder tonight and we have been talking about Converge and post rock for the past hour. She's kinda dreamy.

Take that girl some flowers!! My wife loves Jacob's lyrics, but I always get the "why does he have to scream so you can't hear all the beautiful things he's saying" question...

Time for some unsolicited advice for everyone

So that gal that I've been talking about around here- it probably comes as little surprise that we put an end to it. Mostly because something about it was just off- probably because we never quite found a rhythm and it felt like we were just perpetually on a second date.

But the most important part was the way that despite us never being anything official or whatever, we still gave each other a proper send off. Talked through everything and came to the unfortunate agreement that it's just not right.

And as much as I liked her, and as hard as it was to say goodbye to her, I knew I was going to be alright. Just because I got the closure I deserved and because we didn't just let this drift off into the abyss of uncertainty and what ifs.

For all the open ended dating I've done in the last few years, I honestly don't recall the last time that something went out with a mature conversation as adults rather than "well I guess I just won't text them back"

I know how much it sucks to open up to people, but if you're breaking things off, at least have the decency to let them down with honesty.

Time for some unsolicited advice for everyone

So that gal that I've been talking about around here- it probably comes as little surprise that we put an end to it. Mostly because something about it was just off- probably because we never quite found a rhythm and it felt like we were just perpetually on a second date.

But the most important part was the way that despite us never being anything official or whatever, we still gave each other a proper send off. Talked through everything and came to the unfortunate agreement that it's just not right.

And as much as I liked her, and as hard as it was to say goodbye to her, I knew I was going to be alright. Just because I got the closure I deserved and because we didn't just let this drift off into the abyss of uncertainty and what ifs.

For all the open ended dating I've done in the last few years, I honestly don't recall the last time that something went out with a mature conversation as adults rather than "well I guess I just won't text them back"

I know how much it sucks to open up to people, but if you're breaking things off, at least have the decency to let them down with honesty.

That's a really great thing for you dude. I can't tell you how many times girls that I will see on a regular basis just ends with zero communication. I'v kind of gotten used to it. But its a really shitty way for things to end. I feel its become so common/easier to just never talk to that person again that that's what most people go to. I'm glad you got some closure. Next time this happens to me (because there will be a next time) I will try and make something like this happen.

When the girl who doesn't think I'm funny told me that we shouldn't be anything cause she's not ready and needs time to focus on her (... like come on) she told me over text and I had higher expectations and even though it should have been closure cause we've both agreed that there is no way anything incredible would come from it I still feel like poop and all I do is think about her and get sad.

I think it's just the attachment to the comforts of having someone who wants to talk to you and makes you feel good about yourself and then out of the blue its gone and yeah.

thats why i keep postin in here cause i'm a mis sack of shit.