MAN ADVICE v2.0

Got a number from a girl about a week ago. Had a date scheduled for Monday. 

She texted me today saying that she has a boyfriend back home and was uncomfortable going out.  I completely understood, but it kinda sucked.

I wouldn't get mixed up in a situation when she has already has a boyfriend anyway.

unless you want to be the new boyfriend. although it's a bad sign when she already has a boyfriend and is giving out her number.

It was innocent enough.  She was just sitting and listening to me play guitar on campus and we got to talking.  I asked how I could get a hold of her and she gave me her number.  I hit her up a little while later about meeting up for lunch - she said she'd like to and we scheduled a date.  Then today she got back to me again and said that she felt uncomfortable about it because she had a boyfriend back home, but she said she'll see me around campus.

So it's all good.  :D

so you got laid and you also got a number from a girl with a boyfriend?  within a day or two?

It's been a rather busy week.  I haven't been used to stuff like this for a loooong time!  It's been my first time in college where I haven't been in a long term relationship.

Shit is cray cray, yo.

But for real, this shit is crazy. It's actually kinda difficult to manage.  I've been so use to monogamy that it's a major hurdle to get acclimated to situations with multiple women. /firstworldproblems

going to use this thread for myself to better comprehend what a ridiculous day i had yesterday.

i've had a rather odd friendship since high school with someone whose wedding i went to yesterday. mostly odd just in the sense that she's one of those incredibly social people who just knows EVERYONE. despite living many towns away, knew her through friends in high school. eventually worked retail with her, where she became best friends with the gal i dated for 5 years. her little sister started dating with the friend i was living with, so that kept her in my life. just a whole thing. but she's amazing, and i was thrilled to go to her wedding, knowing damn well it was gonna be a shit show.

what i didn't expect, for some bizarre reason, was that my ex was going to be there. with the guy she's been dating essentially since we split. seriously, i would give ANYTHING to see a photo of my face the moment that she walked up to me and my friends. and just like that, the moment that i've dreaded, and have literally had dreams about, was taking place. the initial shock and awkwardness eventually passed, and we all had a pretty good time. it was nice to see her again, and in the same sense, kind of relieving to just meet the dude, and know that she's not with a total knob. (however, i have to mention this, because someone pointed it out to me years ago, and i simply can't get passed it... he looks like one of the mcpoyles.)

moving on.

so another girl who i was seeing years ago, she's also this my friend's cousin. looking back, i handled my entire time with her in a very cringeworthy fashion. fell way too hard, and had zero composure with her. a real shame. but the last time we hung out, she mentioned interviewing for a job with a guy i went to high school with, and started asking about him. in retrospect, kind of a dick move on her part, because they started very seriously dating, very soon after. they also got engaged last week. they were there. fortunately, i was excited to hang with him, because he's goddamn hilarious, and it's been way too long since i've seen him.

and it doesn't stop there, because i also had a fling with one of the bridesmaids, and haven't seen her in many years. for a little backstory, she started hanging with my friends after she started working with one of my dudes. he was all about it and all that... and then she came home with me one night. definitely one of those weird things that i was never comfortable with, but hey- i'm the best man in his wedding in a couple weeks, so let's just agree that everything worked out.

but anyway, i was happy to see her again, except for the part where she's at a total cross-roads in her life. this was quite obviously magnified by the wedding, where she was getting super existential by the end of the night, and even relying on others to help her out with the text chain she was having with her boyfriend (who didn't come to the wedding?).  so that all turned out awkward.

she also came with another girl who i went to high school with. whose name i couldn't even remember, and whose entire being i'd completely forgotten about. after 30 seconds of me being on the dance floor, i saw the look on her face that let me know that we'd totally be making out in her car by the end of the night. she went ahead and pulled the whole "i juuuust got out of a serious relationship. and as bad as i wanna fuck you right now, i just can't do it". holding out slight hope that we can hook up again when i go home again next week HOLY SHIT I ONLY HAVE A WEEK LEFT UNTIL VACATION.

so yeah. all that. aaaaaallll of that.

and i have plans for tuesday to see this gal who i rather fancy. this will be the 4th date... not counting our last one that was cut short by her getting sick half a beer in. aside from that one, every experience has been great. not a dull moment between the two of us, and we always manage to put together really solid plans. and while i'm running around and hooking up with way too many other people, we still haven't kissed. i'm looking to change that tuesday, but i'm also not going to be too upset if it doesn't happen yet. we've just done a really good job of taking things slowly.

---

the other reason i needed to do this was because i just wrote out an equally lengthy email to my bosses where i just fucking went in on this piece of shit who works for me. there was just such an enormous amount of hate in every word that i typed, that i needed to balance myself with some positivity. 

You want to set up your direct deposit.

You want to remove your direct deposit.

You want to change your 401K contribution.

You want to stop your 401K contribution.

You want to start your 401K contribution.

You're not sure what 401K is, and you have a few questions, if that's okay.

You need to update your address.

You need to go back and undo the address change request. It turns out you haven't moved after all.

You want to pitch an idea for a company party.

Your boss looked at you funny, and now you feel like you are in an uncomfortable work environment.

I can't guarantee she won't avoid you at all cost outside of her work duties if you use that last one.

I was laughing at that for a good five minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be the dumbest question I've ever asked, but how do I NOT feel anxiety when someone I'm chatting with (for however long - hours, days, etc) doesn't answer me?  I don't want this.  I don't care, I really don't care, but no matter what I do or don't do, I end up feeling anxious when I'm waiting for a reply (or I guess never getting one).

I really don't want to feel anything, I'm mostly just on these stupid websites just to chat anyways.  Help please.

For me, that sort of thing will always be there. I've tried everything & no matter what, talking/texting/whatever w/ ladies always comes w/ anxiety. Waiting for a response sucks. it sucks even more when you worry about it. Like you said, just try not to care. And yeah, it's easier said than done.

This might be the dumbest question I've ever asked, but how do I NOT feel anxiety when someone I'm chatting with (for however long - hours, days, etc) doesn't answer me?  I don't want this.  I don't care, I really don't care, but no matter what I do or don't do, I end up feeling anxious when I'm waiting for a reply (or I guess never getting one).

I really don't want to feel anything, I'm mostly just on these stupid websites just to chat anyways.  Help please.

Can you just delete the conversation, and then when they reply (if ever) it will pop back up? That's what I would do. Delete the conversation so I don't think about it. 

I'm the worst at not caring. I get frustrated and can't stop thinking about it. Not much you can do. I've gotten better in recent years, since I've become one of those people that take a while to respond now because I can't use my phone at work, but it still bothers me.

I am having the annoyance of this now, since this thread reminded me of it. My friend told me to let her know of good concerts when them are around, so I text her about Turnover next week the other day. No response from her. I'll probably text her the day before asking if she wants to go, and that's it. It's a lot different waiting on a girl you dig to respond back, but it is still annoying with friends.