Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

just saw Mike Kinsella make a post proclaiming WRAY as his new favorite band....at least give their new album Hypatia a spin on spotify....I know the Kinsella boys music falls more into "emo" than shoegaze....but I still feel it's a heavy endorsement

This album is so good. I sound like a broken record but it's awesome

Does the first one sound like this?

Like I said earlier,20 bucks shipped from label and came 2 day priority

This album is so good. I sound like a broken record but it's awesome

Does the first one sound like this?

Like I said earlier,20 bucks shipped from label and came 2 day priority

First album has more overdriven guitars throughout the album and over all the songs have a quicker tempo....definitely a great album and definitely worth your while

If you get the chance, catch them live...Blake puts a lot of effort into the live visuals (which is something they have done since show 1). Their live sound guy is phenomenal as well. He lives with 2/3 of the band and has also helped to keep their live show sonically consistent (except when he can't go on tour with them).

I'm personally really stoked that people are digging what they're doing.

Is there anyway to get a copy of this release? I caught on too late to back the kickstarter campaign.  

I'm not sure if Bloweyelashwish is going to get a retail release, but they did have a very limited amount of backers so I doubt that the vinyl would be that limited.  They might have some leftovers, I'm sure.

Scott is very approachable re: the lovesliescrushing album, message him.

On the new Saint Marie KS, I found Orange by Orange on the board member here's youtube sub: "JustusMeinFreund1" 

Has anyone found the other albums to listen to in their entirety? I'm not on Spotify.

All 3 sound very similar from the sample tracks, especially the female vocals, which have a little something different to them,

samesies on the amazon.uk and I have only listened to the first track they put out, which was really great. either of the first two variants would be fine!

Hi there.

Hi, my Stella Luna Stargazer hero!  Are you familiar with either of the other 2 releases Ste. Marie is doing (besides Orange)?

Stella Luna - Stargazer hero? Please tell me that is being pressed.

No, he just uploaded to youtube to his channel, so we could listen before finding CDs.

But I am with you, would definitely be on my Buy Right Now if on vinyl!

Are you familiar or have any of the other music to sample that they are pressing for the KS? They have one sample song each up, and my googling /searching skills are pretty barbaric on finding old music 'out there'.

Pinkshinyultrablast shipping confirmation :wub: :wub:  my most anticipated of the year! Held off listening to this just so I can be fully enveloped by the physical version. Can't wait.

same from amazon.co.uk

wondering what colorway i'll get

samesies on the amazon.uk and I have only listened to the first track they put out, which was really great. either of the first two variants would be fine!

Hi, my Stella Luna Stargazer hero!  Are you familiar with either of the other 2 releases Ste. Marie is doing (besides Orange)?

Snoozed on ordering this, but I see it's available on Amazon.com.  Should I opt for Amazon UK if I want a colored variant?  Is there even a black press?  The info I'm gathering states that there are just 3 variants, /500 each.

Snoozed on ordering this, but I see it's available on Amazon.com. Should I opt for Amazon UK if I want a colored variant? Is there even a black press? The info I'm gathering states that there are just 3 variants, /500 each.

I ordered 2 copies from Amazon uk: one when the first variants were for sale and another when the second was...not sure if that will make a difference. I'd be happy to sell you my second copy, whatever it is, if you want....shipping from Canada though, so there is that.

I haven't seen anything about a black run. I'm actually surprised this is still up on Amazon, since they sold out at the source so fast.

Snoozed on ordering this, but I see it's available on Amazon.com.  Should I opt for Amazon UK if I want a colored variant?  Is there even a black press?  The info I'm gathering states that there are just 3 variants, /500 each.

Just 1500 it seems and 2k on CD as of right now. Surprised such a small press after their debut success and 3rd press.

"500 copies on Light Blue & Dark Blue Colour in colour effect "Ride The Sky" 180g vinyl SOLD OUT

500 copies on Baby Pink & Solid Purple A & B effect "Pinkle" 180g vinyl SOLD OUT

500 copies on Green, Blue and Pink half / half effect "Acid Lollypop" 180g vinyl SOLD OUT"

I got in on the Acid color, although I really wanted the Pinkle but was tight on money then.