Custom Record Sleeves by Andrew Lucas

I would like to formally request permission to use the above piece of artwork as a reference in my current artistic piece which will hopefully be used as a sleeve for a record some day. Below is an example of what I would like to do with your creation.

lmLzt4Yl.jpg

Did I do it right?

You have my full blessing.

OOOoooooOOOOOoOooooOoOoooOOOooOoooo

2usd6xk.jpg

Wow, that was fast. I was going to try to do something tomorrow, but these are great. The more I think of it, original works like these would probably fall under "derivative works," especially these since they only use suggestion of characters in two. I could be wrong. I've really been itching to do something for the Decibel flexi series. I wonder if there would be any interest in that? I still want to contact the magazine about it. Dream case scenario could be a licensing deal haha.

"tom whalen ‏@strongstufftom 7m   ugh."

the crux of all of this was that you were printing them from low res files so they were going to look like garbage no matter what.

So, are those the images you guys would like? Not sure how the solid background would look. Stuff like that tends to have slightly noticeable lines across it. I can always try it though.

then maybe you should run some cleaning cycles on your $5000 printer once in a while.

definite banding issues.

paper could be too saturated, dirty nozzles, low res image....a lot of factors here.

No, it was the print head. The lines needed to be flushed and the head needed to be cleaned. I think we got it fixed. Another thing that causes the banding is if one color is low on ink. Before I print any of the disney ones I'll make sure I have all new inks. I was working on the South Park 7" last night and was having trouble getting the color and brightness to match exactly. I let my friend mess around with it, he said he figured it out but I didnt get a chance to look at it. I'll let you guys know whats going on once I see it tonight after work.

If you guys actually do want to use those disney ones and you think I need to do something different for the backgrounds, just let me know and I can change all of that.  Those would definitely end up eating up a toooon of ink, haha.

The Fear Before cover was easy to translate over to a 12" record cover, I just changed the typeface to something that is comparable.  If anyone has the actual cd and can send me some clear photos of the back so i can get the images off of it to make the back panel, that would be awesome.

2hog1hd.jpg